BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Named a "Great Place to Work" in Australia in 2019, BigCommerce is looking for a full-time Technical Support Representative for our Sydney Office to support our customers’ technical issues, educate our store owners on various platform features, and enable our customers to sell more and grow their online stores.
At BigCommerce, we don't just sell and support a platform, we empower our clients to succeed. You will use your technical know-how and unparalleled customer service skills to help our customers set-up, optimize, and run their online stores by answering technical-related questions via our phone, chat, and ticketing systems. Our team members are expected to learn the basics of the job quickly, and to continue growing their knowledge of the industry as it evolves. You are a team player who can recognize the various values and opportunities presented by your peers, you will work with them, compete against them, and celebrate each other's success. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, the ability to communicate effectively via unsurpassed soft skills, and the creativity to engineer solutions for the ever growing world of eCommerce entrepreneurs. As a team, our mission is to make ourselves available when our customers need us and to give them a path to success. We offer competitive pay and have an onboarding period with ongoing training and development.
What You Will Do
- Provide extraordinary support to our ever-growing merchant base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Work front line web cases, flexing to chats and/or phone calls as needed.
- Develop solutions and utilise standard operating procedures for improving customer satisfaction and creating lifelong promoters of our brand
- Work cross-functionally with local business units to triage urgent support issues and solve or escalate issues as needed; escalate unresolved issues as required while maintaining ownership of issues through resolution
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively onboarding and advising customers on eCommerce best practices
- Assist customers with common billing, invoice, and account issues
- Utilise classroom, video, and self-paced training to stay ahead of product advancements and eCommerce best practices; utilise your knowledge to solve problems efficiently
- Display high levels of professionalism and recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the Client Success organization.
Who You Are
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, personal pride, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role is required
- Experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- Exceptional ability to utilise self service resources (internal guides, Google-fu, external service portals, Stack Overflow, etc) to find solutions is required
- Strong aptitude toward various web, e-commerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together is required
- Understanding of basic data structures preferred
- Exceptional critical thinking and soft skills with experience in de-escalating difficult customers
- A passion for WOWing customers and providing often unique solutions to best fit each customer's situation
- Dedicated team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best tech support agents in the business, willingness to help others grow and seek help from peers to maximize potential
- Excellent written communication skills for documenting calls and platform issues as well as excellent verbal communication and the ability to deal with frustrated clients without taking it personal, and strong customer relationship skills
- This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.