At Spaceship, we're on a mission to transform the way people think about and invest their money. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy for everyone. In 2023, we launched a new US Investing service.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1.3 billion in funds under management – but we're just getting started.
What will you be doing?
For a business that enables people to invest in their future, trust is everything. This means the Customer Support team is absolutely crucial to the success of Spaceship and its customers.
Developing trust not only requires the Customer Support team to have a deep understanding of superannuation, investing and the inner workings of our products, but also an ability to empathise with a diverse bunch – sophisticated investors who appreciate Spaceship’s investment strategy, as well as complete investing newbies.
You will be joining a small 6 person team, who are all about the customer experience at Spaceship. While ultimately responsible for answering customer enquiries and solving their problems, you will also play a key role in product development by connecting customer feedback with different areas of the business including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Risk & Compliance and Investments.
In this role, you will be responsible for all the above, and specifically:
- Acting as our customers primary point of contact, giving customers an internal voice and being our external ear.
- Managing incoming customer enquiries via email, chat and phone.
- Managing customer feedback, complaints and general enquiries.
- Nurturing relationships that will lead to long-term advocates.
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years experience working in a B2C customer support, customer success, or similar role that serves customer communities.
- Experience with customer support systems such as CRMs, and dealing with online chat enquiries.
- Experience in working in financial services, more specifically in a super fund support role or with experience in ETFs, investments, stocks and trading.
- Ideally you have a RG146 accreditation.
You will thrive in this position if you are:
- Excited by our mission, and hungry for a challenge in a growing startup.
- Passionate about forward-thinking technology products, and more specifically investment and fintech products.
- Empathetic, patient and able to understand a problem from different viewpoints.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and persistence in solving problems.
- Constantly iterating to come up with the best solution.
- An exceptional communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Inquisitive with a strong aptitude for learning.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home 1-2 days
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.
Who are we?
We are ~40 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.