Quantum Brilliance is the world leader in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centres to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites. In contrast to quantum computers that fill a room, we are developing quantum accelerators with more compute power than a classical supercomputer but in a form factor smaller than a lunchbox.
Founded in 2019 by leaders in diamond quantum science from the Australian National University, we are a full-stack quantum computing company. An Australia-German company, our HQs are in Canberra and Stuttgart, with additional locations across Australia and southern Germany. We are working with global technology leaders to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum hardware with high-performance computing, solve materials science challenges and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and quantum control techniques. We are backed by leading venture capital funds and major research and technology institutes.
The Software Team Lead (Python) is a critical member of the company’s Control Sytems and Lab team. You will be leading a small team (Python Developers / Quantum Researchers) and are directly responsible for managing the development, interfaces to, and maintenance of a python software stack. You will assume project leadership responsibilities to impact our next-generation experimental control systems activities, creation of code-review structure's and impact architecture alignment with our Software & Applications group.
- Full software lifecycle: This includes software architecture and design, systematic git version control (Gitlab, GitHub), merge request management, CI/CD pipeline and smoke tests (pytest, gtest), patch releases and user support
- Agile workstyle: You are expected to closely follow and lead agile workstyle principles, which includes weekly sprints, team meetings, and Jira task management.
- Design & Architecture: This includes designing and implementing solutions for the control of quantum systems and computation
- Software Applications & Integration: This will include system integration including time-series databases, visualisation and analysis tools
- Cloud integration, software delivery and UI: Desire to have worked with cloud environments and tools (OpenStack), pre-configured containers for software delivery (docker, singularity), and Python UI tools (Jupyter, circuit designers).
- Programming: You will be responsible for advanced-level Python coding, which requires a deep understanding of OO programming practices. You will also need to regularly port the core routines to frontend layers requiring Python binding and BASH scripting skills.
- Linux environments: You have previously and extensively worked with common Linux operating systems (especially Ubuntu and CentOS distros)
- Industry and topical knowledge: There is an expectation for you to develop an interest and understanding of the physics/quantum computing industry and its practices.
- Documentation: You are required to document software features and dev processes in fine detail.
- Degree Qualification in Science, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- In terms of an ideal experience pedigree, you would have 5+ years of Python programming and Linux environments experience (following your graduation) ideally in the capacity of a scientific software developer and have worked within similar deep tech companies.
- Ideal to have 2+ Years of Technical Team Leadership / Project Leadership
- Excited about emerging technology
- Solid experience with implementing python libraries or complex python software stacks
- Experience with Hardware control stacks
- An expert in git and automated pipeline testing
- Ideally some experience in databases and python ORM
- An advocate of agile workstyle
- Interested in helping shape and sustain a progressive organizational culture
- A diversity advocate.
- Not afraid to wear various hats