The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and teams that get us there.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations. Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users.
About the team
The Marketing and Engagement teams develop the strategy and roadmap for making sure the world loves Canva by optimising the funnel for each stage of the user's journey. Millions of people around the world use Canva and millions more are yet to hear about Canva - we work to make sure we market to new and existing users and get them deeply engagement Canva so they come back again and again.
We do everything from building new products and features to deliver value to our users, to running experiments, building tooling and platforms to scale our impact and Canva’s growth.
We do all of this with the goal of growing Canva, increasing our monthly active users and delivering amazing experiences and value to users so they not only come back more often but they share with their friends.
Your goals ...
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of Messaging, User Engagement and Virality at Canva. How do we retain users, how do we acquire them, what does the user journey look like and how do we make that viral? What should we prioritise for impact on MAU’s and help people understand what Canva is and what they can use Canva for? ? It’s all you!
- Serve as the domain expert on engagement and the product funnel at Canva. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Canva grow in a way that is scalable and brings value to the user?’
- Work to lead, support and collaborate with a passionate, cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver these new features to our millions of users and developers
- Build relationships with the teams across Canva to understand their roadmaps, features and dependencies
- You will craft a strong user experience to give a flawless first time experience for our users
- Develop a product hiring plan alongside the Lead Growth and Engineering Managers of Marketing & Engagement to ensure we scale out the team in a way that sets us up for huge growth
- Serve as a key leader to ensure the group operates, reports and delivers effectively, making tough calls on the roadmap, trade offs and pivots.
- Onboard, mentor and develop new product managers as they enter the group
- Ensure each development team is set up success, with the right people, tools and projects. Unblocking them to ensure they can deliver on their goals
- Set crazy big goals for your teams, and regularly hit them!
- More than 6+ years of experience leading growth and Product Management teams, and experience leading multiple streams of work with multiple teams and roadmaps – experience with marketing & growth is a huge plus.
- Have experience managing Product Managers to deliver on the strategy and build their key craft areas.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions – and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- Really strong UX skill set. Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- A strong communicator – can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions.