From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As our business grows, so does our Compliance Team! We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Manager Compliance Advisory to join our Global Compliance function here at Afterpay. In this business critical position you will provide broad but specialist compliance advisory services across all Afterpay business units. This role will have a focus on our Australian and New Zealand businesses’ and will complement the Global Compliance team’s specialist focus on financial crime and privacy risk management. This is a permanent and full time position, reporting into our Global Head of Compliance.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assess, advise and act as compliance subject expert to the business on a broad range of areas, including, consumer protection, anti-bribery and corruption and other conduct related areas
- Conduct compliance risk assessments on new products, services and initiatives
- Assist the business with compliance incident management
- Work with business lines to enhance awareness and educate on compliance risks, mitigation strategies and options
- Advise internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Lead and manage projects to assess, implement and monitor adherence to new regulatory obligations and policies
- Report on compliance risks, trends and key performance metrics
- Drive a strong risk culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions
- Extensive knowledge and experience working in compliance advisory roles, addressing a wide range of compliance areas
- Working experience in financial services or technology environments with a retail or payments focus will be highly regarded
- Experience working on Australia and New Zealand regulatory practices, experience and exposure to international regulatory practices will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline
- You’re naturally passionate about why compliance matters and how it contributes to successful business and community outcomes
- You place importance on building strong relationships and pride yourself on your excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn, be challenged and be part of a team of like minded people who want to make a difference