We’re a technology start-up that’s reinventing the local services marketplace, with a focus on innovation, engineering and product development. We're a group of creatively minded, hard-working people who are passionate about
Oneflare and being part of its continued growth and success. We are hard at work changing the way Aussies maintain their homes, connecting the best local household service providers with customers via a convenient and easy to use platform.
This role is perfect for a passionate Product Designer who is looking to step up and sink their teeth into a fast-moving (2-sided marketplace) product. You will work closely with the product team and other designers to deliver smart, simple and intuitive solutions to solve problems for our customers and service providers.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong background in UX/UI and is excited to share their passion and knowledge with the design team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other designers to identify and solve problems creatively in an agile product environment
- Communicate your ideas and solutions through collaborative whiteboarding, sketches, user flows and prototypes
- Create thoughtful and high-fidelity designs for responsive web, iOS and Android ready for development
- Contribute and help maintain our design system and style guide to promote a consistent user experience and brand identity
- Design branded illustrations, icons and other visual assets
- Validate solutions early and often through testing
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand technical feasibility, as well as ensuring that the designs are implemented correctly
- Stay across the latest design trends and techniques, you’ll play a key role in driving the Oneflare brand forward
Skills and Experience
- 2-3+ years experience delivering for multi-platform systems (responsive web, iOS and Android) and a strong understanding of design patterns for mobile
- Ability to produce design work consistently to a high aesthetic standard and help maintain/grow the brand at a visual level
- A portfolio demonstrating your product thinking, UI, interaction design and
- Experience in producing high-fidelity designs and annotating specs for handover to developers
- Solid working knowledge in UX processes, planning and conducting user
- Proficient in visual design tools (i.e Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience working in an Agile environment and cross-functional teams
- Experience designing marketplaces, B2B and/or B2C platforms
- Interest in promoting accessibility so we can design a product for everyone
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Animation or motion design skills (i.e. Adobe After Effects, Lottie)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A true collaborator who is willing to solve problems as a part of a team, help teammates out, share knowledge and be open to learning
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion, drive for what you do and keeping up with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies in design
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires independent self-direction, and timely execution as part of an agile team
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to consider every possible outcome and scenario
Why should you work for us?
We've created a culture of collaboration, flexibility and independence, and are always on the lookout for passionate and talented people to join us as we continue to revolutionise the way Australians get things done.
Located in the heart of the CBD in an office overlooking Darling Harbour, you'll be part of a fun work environment where ping pong tournaments, daily breakfast and celebratory company events take place frequently.
We pride ourselves on true investment in our talent with opportunities for internal promotions and secondments. Join us today and be part of a Deloitte Fast 50 business.
**Please submit your portfolio link with your application.
Sounds like you? Apply now
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position.