Note: This role strictly requires Australian working rights.
Relectrify is a high-growth venture that builds cutting-edge technology to reduce the cost and unlock extra lifetime in lithium-ion batteries. By combining innovative electronics with intelligent algorithms and data analytics, our technology creates more affordable and longer-lasting energy storage systems for households, the power grid and beyond.
Relectrify was founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne. The company has since launched projects with Nissan and American Electric Power amongst others, and received support by leading clean energy investors including the CEFC Innovation Fund. The Environment Bureau Hong Kong, Falling Walls Germany and international utility program Free Electrons have all recognised Relectrify as a leading innovator in energy storage.
About the Team
Relectrify consists of a world-class team, who thrive on working together and solving seriously hard problems with a view to make a positive impact. Team members are given high autonomy with the ability to access support as necessary. As a venture-funded company, our focus is to rapidly enter markets where we can make a real difference.
In short, we are a group of motivated individuals rapidly deploying cutting-edge technology to make a positive impact. We also like discussing future trends, enjoying good coffee, board game evenings, and a healthy stream of positive humour.
About the Technology
Relectrify’s advanced battery management system (BMS) and inverter comprises of three parts: hardware electronics controlling power flows inside battery packs; embedded software algorithms that inform how the hardware electronics operate; and data analytics to allows customers to monitor their batteries and allow continuous improvement of Relectrify’s algorithms. Together Relectrify uses these to notably increase battery performance and lifetime.
Capable, affordable battery storage unlocks value for customers from farms to solar houses, power grids, and beyond. Relectrify therefore actively forms strategic collaborations with innovative, sector-leading storage companies across the world to jointly develop and release uniquely positioned storage products.
We are looking to bring into the Relectrify Hardware team a highly capable and self-motivated engineer. This is a hands on engineering role that will require the skills to design, prototype and test electronic solutions. Working in a team of engineers, you will need to be able to work indepentantly but will be provided with plenty of support and guidance. Testing of designs, including data anlaysis, is a big part of the role and you can expect to spend plenty of time in the lab working on the circuits and prototypes. The type of work we have caters for an allrounder who has good generic electronic engineering skills with the potential to specialise over time into one of many areas.
This role would be quite suitable for a junior engineer with only a few years experience but we would also be interested to look at anyone with a little more experience as well.
Specific tasks of the role include:
- Review and development of specifications
- Circuit and PCB design
- Functional Testing and Design Validation
- Production support
- 3+ years experience as an electronic engineer
- Experience with circuit design and PCB prototyping
- Engineering allrounder who loves to work on new designs and developments
- You love rising to the challenge of learning new skills and solving new problems
- Australian full-time working rights
Nice-to-Haves - but willing to waive for promising candidates
- Power Electronics experience
- Use of Altium software
- Software experience in C, C++ or Python
- Experience with building and maintaining safety critical systems
- Experience with the Atlassian suite, Github and Altium software
- High independence, with a clear focus on delivery and quality.
- Remuneration includes an opportunity to earn company share options, offering you an ownership stake in Relectrify.
- Modern office in Abbotsford with bottomless coffee, office Spotify, and an increasing population of office plants
- Flexibility in working hours to enable fitting in with other aspects of life, whether family, (kite) surfing, or anything other.
- Flexibility in leave to enable team members to define their own remuneration-leave optimum.
- Pay-you-back scheme on relevant online courses and other training.
- We encourage you attending key conferences and events, and cover associated expenses.
- We've got plenty of space and a passion for personal projects, be it electronics, food computer building, or home brewing.
- Continuously rotating tea/coffee collection as well as cold drink collection for Friday end-of-week team wind-downs.