Note: This role strictly requires a location and full working rights in either Australia, US, Europe or Japan.
Relectrify is a high-growth venture that builds cutting-edge technology to reduce the cost and unlock extra lifetime in lithium-ion batteries. By combining innovative electronics with intelligent algorithms and data analytics, our technology allows used electric car batteries to be given a second life as energy storage systems in households, the power grid and beyond.
Relectrify was founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne. The company has since launched projects with American Electric Power, Nissan US, Volkswagen Group Germany, Vector New Zealand and 4R Energy Japan amongst other companies, and received support by leading clean energy investors including the CEFC Innovation Fund. The Environment Bureau Hong Kong, Falling Walls Germany and international utility program Free Electrons have all recognised Relectrify as a leading innovator in energy storage. Relectrify is today the global leader in full cell-level current control for battery packs, extending the lifetime of battery packs while reducing cost.
About the Team
Relectrify consists of a world-class team, who thrive on working together and solving seriously hard problems with a view to make a positive impact. Team members are given high autonomy with the ability to access support as necessary. As a venture-funded company, our focus is to rapidly enter markets where we can make a real difference.
In short, we are a group of motivated individuals rapidly deploying cutting-edge technology to make a positive impact. We also like discussing future trends, enjoying good coffee, board game evenings, and a healthy stream of positive humour.
(Note; Since the last team photo above, we've almost doubled in size again to a team of 18 and growing)
About the Technology
Relectrify’s BMS+Inverter is a mixed power electronics and software solution, which utilises cell-level battery management systems (BMS) to provide a very high-efficiency AC output without requiring a battery inverter. Grid-compliant AC waveforms are created by accurately orchestrating a vast number of individual cell voltage contributions within a battery pack. This enables Relectrify to significantly increase battery lifetime and reduce battery cost.
Our solutions are used in capable, affordable battery storage in homes, industry, the power grids, and beyond. Relectrif forms strategic collaborations with innovative, sector-leading storage companies across the world to jointly develop and release uniquely positioned storage products.
Relectrify is looking for a highly capable individual to strengthen our senior team on strategy and fundraising aspects. You will enjoy working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment, thrive at the intersection of technology and business, and feel innate satisfaction from knowing your work makes a difference. Any team member with the right skills and attitude will have significant opportunity to define their career trajectory.
You will work directly with our CEO and broader leadership team on tasks including:
- Defining and executing on strategy for Relectrify's next stage of growth in commercial activities and positive impact
- Co-leading Relectrify investment raising from leading strategic and sector-specific investors globally
- Represent Relectrify in customer meetings with senior business leaders, and at select conferences and events internationally
- Support / lead identification, contacting, negotiations and agreement signing with key strategic customers
- Support / lead Relectrify's marketing to build a sector-recognised high-quality brand
- 10+ years experience in industry roles in business growth and strategy
- (Of the above) 3+ years experience in high-growth technology companies
- (Of the above) 3+ years experience in the energy sector
- Excellent people skills, integrity, and interest to work with customers across geographies
- An interest in, and understanding of, technical aspects around electronics, software, and/or power systems
- An interest in, and understanding of, the global energy storage market, including its applications and key players
- Australian full-time working rights (min. 12 months)
Nice-to-Haves - but willing to waive for promising candidates
- Experience initiating, negotiating and signing muli-$M B2B partnerships
- Experience raising investment rounds from leading strategic and financial investors
- Experience rapidly growing world-leading technology teams
- Experience in the energy storage or renewable energy sector