Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
You will provide oversight to the Credit Integration Team, an integral part of Financial Services at Xero, ensuring the right solutions are delivered at the right time. You will do this by leading and growing Product Managers as they form robust product strategies and roadmaps that deliver value for our banking and lending partners and key internal stakeholders. Sitting in a global role, through research, analysis and strong stakeholder management, you will successfully balance a strategic agenda against tactical or regionally specific opportunities. You will have finite resources to maximise customer outcomes, feature usage, revenues and therefore Xero’s return on investment. You will develop great customer experiences that help Xero scale in existing geographies, and enter new markets. You’ll balance company strategy, customer needs and technical requirements.
What you'll do
• Develop, integrate, and operate a scaling global product strategy for our bank and alternative lending feature integrations, and data products, in collaboration with the the Financial Services Leadership team, Product Marketing, Architecture, Engineering and Product Managers and internal stakeholders
• Communicate this strategy, roadmap, operational plan, and operating rhythm to internal and external stakeholders, continually collecting and incorporating feedback
• Regularly review this strategy, updating it to reflect market dynamics, regional nuances such as regulation, and lessons learned from key projects
• Provide strong leadership to cross-functional delivery teams that deliver #Beautiful customer experiences in collaboration with Product and Technology teams
• Ensure the roadmaps produced by Product Managers and Product Owners are data-informed, based on customer research, have objective KPIs, and balance functional and nonfunctional work
• Contribute to the improvement of Xero’s product management and product ownership capability
• Own and grow the P&L for the Credit Integrations function within Xero to build a business that is both customer centric and commercially well managed
• Work with Small Business Product and local Business Development and “go to market” (GTM) teams to ensure they understand the product strategy, the team understands their challenges and there are distributed targets in-place to deliver global plans
• Live, breathe and influence the lending industry in Australia and UK to drive Xero’s agenda with our lending partners and own our position as leaders in this space
• Motivate, lead and develop a strong and high-performing, commercially minded team
• Foster a collaborative working relationship with Engineering, Platform, Design, Marketing, Product, Technology, Small Business Product and local Business Development and “go to market” (GTM) teams
• Work with the Head of Architecture, Senior Manager for Engineering Delivery and Commercial Program Manager to shape roadmaps and identify and remediate projects
• Promote a learning environment where teams understand the challenges faced on previous projects and look to improve
• Create an environment that makes Xero a great place to work, embracing a growth mindset, curiosity, humility, and customer-centricity.
• Own and grow the P&L for the Credit Integrations function within Xero.
What you'll bring with you
• Expertise at leadership level in Business and Small Business lending product for the Australian Market; experience in the UK market will be highly valued
• Demonstrated experience in owning and driving P&L in lending and / or in credit bureau data and credit-score product-lines
• Alternatively, extensive experience owning credit risk / credit modelling functions within lending organisations
• Demonstrated experience in defining, developing, and launching new lending and/or credit score products
• Authentic leadership
• Diplomacy and drive, open and effective communication style
• Passion for helping people fulfill their potential
• Ability to break down complex problems, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle changing priorities.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.