It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the Position:
We're growing. Fast. Our global expansion necessitates a talented individual to join our SRE team to help us grow our ability to test.
- Helping to automate testing
- Mentoring developers on test automation best practices, including how to “shift left”
- Developing scalable approaches to functional and non functional testing, including unit testing and performance/load testing
Development and Delivery
- Contribute to technical and functional design from a test perspective
- Identify deficiencies and solutions, with a consistent leaning towards “shift-left” and automation
- Adhere to operational procedures such as time keeping, task allocation, status reporting
- Actively contribute to internal programs
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with domain knowledge including industry trends, technologies, frameworks and techniques
- Be knowledgeable and ‘up to date’ with Whispir products
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Share acquired skills and knowledge of competitor or complementary products with the team
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
We would like you to have:
- Ability to explain, discuss and document testing concepts clearly
- A good understanding of testing best practices, both functional and non-functional
- Experience automating test suites and test harnesses
- Understanding of load testing approaches
We would prefer you to have:
- Understanding of how to integrate effective testing into CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing test code and its lifecycle
- Exposure to testing frameworks: Cypress, React Testing Library, Jest
- A knowledge of standard testing tools, for example Postman, Jmeter
- Experience working with APM tools, ideally New Relic
- Devops skills: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Buildkite
- Ability to perform some analysis of testing results and triage issues found
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir:
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
This position is open to consideration for job sharers/part-time and flexible working.