**Please fill out this form to submit your application
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and driven Community Relations Manager to help us launch and grow Like Family in Queensland, starting with its capital city of Brisbane. You would be the Like Family representative in Queensland and be responsible for implementing community outreach programs, growing our member base, organising events, coordinating Social Carers, writing and releasing publicity material such as press releases and developing public relations strategies that will promote the organization's mission. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, and you'll need to be a team-player to build rapport with various community groups and organisations in NDIS and Aged Care.
This is a key role in our expansion and will work closely with the Founders and Leadership Team. We are looking for someone who will have an active presence in their market, adding value around our product offerings, new product development, and product education.
About Like Family
We’re a high growth tech company solving social isolation and loneliness. It’s an incredibly interesting and massive global problem that is unaddressed and underserviced. We are the #4 fastest growing tech companies in Australia in the 2019 Deloitte APAC Fast 500 and were named the best Social Impact Startup at Startcon in 2018.This is an opportunity to work at a unique and innovative tech startup as we scale. When you work for Like Family it’s not just another job, you will be building something that really matters and is significantly improving people’s lives and the community. As a for profit and for purpose business we are a small passionate team that is lean and efficient, and you will have a huge impact on our growth, business and team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Growth of supply and demand in Queensland
- Build and manage strong relationships with key stakeholders in the care, government and startup sectors in Queensland
- Be the face of Like Family in Queensland. Represent Like Family in all interactions with customers and key stakeholders
- Track and report on key metrics including demand and supply
- Understand and influence growth, customers and segments and the industry in your city
- Work with the founders and leadership team to understand opportunities and set strategies in line with business objectives
- Execute and lead your team to deliver on targets and business objectives
- Manage risk, compliance and governance requirements
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience for your region
- Maintain up to date intimate knowledge of the industry, stakeholders and your customers in your region
The ideal candidate:
- Will come to Like Family with deep networks across the disability sector in Brisbane
- Understanding of marketplace businesses
- Incredibly likable and able to effortlessly build and maintain strong relationships with everyone you meet, from executives to hospitality staff
- Are an autonomous worker who effectively prioritises your own time as well as successfully manages and communicates upwards and downwards
- Well known and respected by your colleagues and industry that you work in
- Enjoy developing and shaping strategy just as much as you like to execute, analyse and get your hands dirty, and you get a lot done
- Set robust goals and have a history of exceeding targets
- You are a local expert and proud Brisbanian/Queenslander
- Love to learn and constantly improve - comfortable with adjusting or pivoting plans as required
Why take this role:
- Join one of the fastest growing Aussie startups as we start to scale
- Be part of an exceptional and unique Marketing & Growth team
- Autonomous role and flat hierarchy
- Healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and Friday drinks trolley
- Startup book library with your choice of additions
- Team celebration activities and events
- Flexible work hours
- Our own (disability accessible) office - showers, kitchen & ping pong At the moment the team are working remotely and are hoping to be back in the office together soon.
- Personalised learning, development & conference budget and study leave
- Connections in the startup and social impact ecosystem
- Great work environment with experienced and fun team
*Like Family is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as people with lived experience of disability to apply for our positions.