Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16+ markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
Engineers at Rokt embrace the challenge of making e-commerce smarter, faster and better through building next-generation technologies. We are curious explorers that thrive by using first principles to solve real-world problems in e-commerce. Our solutions make e-commerce more relevant for billions of customers across the globe.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve code that meets requirements, including quality checks, time-series algorithms and recurring analysis to find anomalies
- Manage priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Operate with autonomy in solving problems
- Collaborate cross-functionally, making recommendations with effective presentations of findings through visualizing data in a clean and efficent manner
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Extract meaningful insights from large data sets for internal and external use
- Research and develop analysis and optimization methods to improve Rokt's products
To thrive in this role you should have:
- Minimum requirements:
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work experience in data analysis-related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Applied use of visualization tools such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, Tableau.
- Solids knowledge of statistics, such as standard deviation, hypothesis testing and bayesian probability. Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of detail in whatever you do.
- Excellent communication skills in English - you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools
- Preferred requirements:
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, you should still consider applying. We want to hear from you.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney. We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.