Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™.
Our brilliant team of Rokt’stars have built a unique platform to unlock the unrealized potential in every single Transaction Moment(™), for businesses and consumers alike. Born in Sydney, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands and Japan. We are profitable, growing fast and having great fun changing the face of ecommerce.
You are someone who has significant expertise in Machine learning and software engineering. Change is your friend - at Rokt we pivot when required, to optimize profitable growth, innovation and responsiveness to customers. You see opportunities in any challenge, and you bring a history of proven, best-in-class programs and initiatives to drive Rokt's machine learning initiatives.
You’ll be a great candidate for this role if you love to be part of an extremely high performing team. You thrive leading and inspiring a team of over-achievers. International travel and domestic travel is a requirement in this role (approx 10-15% of time).
- Leader of engineers, a communicator and solver of problems in both the technical and human-resources domain who ensures the success of the team through software engineering, resource planning, process improvements and people management.
- Builds talent by proactively identifying and reaching out to new talent and actively manages career development for the team.
- Accountable for maintaining the high quality of the code base and regular contributor of features and bug fixes.
- Designs complex features and owns system components end to end.
- Solves complex problems and sees them through to completion.
- Takes responsibility for system health.
- Facilitates collaboration within and across teams.
- Contributes to the development team and division roadmap.
- Responsible for the engagement, career development and performance management and hiring of direct report engineers.
- Responsible for effective sprint planning and managing delivery expectations with peer product managers.
- Exerts technical influence that demonstrates leadership combined with industry experience and expertise within the team. Influences people leadership, development and recruitment across the division.
- A degree in a quantitative field - computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, etc.
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science or Software Engineering, both as an individual contributor and managing teams.
- Experience designing a roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Track record of recruiting talent in analytics, data science, and software engineering.
- Track record of delivering data-driven products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe in in-person, we enjoy each others’ company and we make meaningful connections with each other through global all-staff events, interest groups, sports clubs and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ’Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office, join the gym on us!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - London, Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We encourage and welcome you to apply irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.