Have you found your true calling in childcare education and like the idea of contributing your IT knowledge to help shape software to better suit owners, educators and admins? We’re growing our team and looking for an Application Support Specialist to be at the forefront of making a change to the industry by providing technical support to our QikKids and Xplor customers and helping them become successful through the optimal use of our platform.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 140 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of TSG and their Education vertical, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
What will I be doing?
You’ll provide specialist support to our customers by answering their enquiries and educating them about the product, as well as assist other teams in improving our platform. Ultimately, your work will help us ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- You’ll be a proactive member of your team by advocating customer needs internally, owning their challenges and working on ways to prevent them from recurring
- You’ll respond to assigned tickets and escalated issues from our Customer Success Coordinators (Level 1 support) via phone and email
- You’ll manage the help desk ticket system (Salesforce) and assist dissatisfied customers in a polite and professional fashion
- You’ll support the implementation of systems improvement initiatives and the introduction and roll-out of new technologies
- You’ll monitor the performance of systems and assist with the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks
- You’ll maintain documentation of customer inquiries and responses for future reference
- You’ll test potential bugs and document them in Jira for our Software teams
- You’ll work with QA and our Software teams to help test releases
- You’ll assist our Onboarding team with reports to get client data
Or let’s just say, you won’t ever be bored here.
What would make me a good candidate?
We are looking for positive, self-motivated people that are eager to learn. We also look for the following attributes and experience in our Application Support team members:
- You have around 2 years of previous experience in working on a support desk in the IT industry, ideally supporting similar software applications (SaaS)
- You have broad knowledge of IT devices, systems, and processes
- Knowledge of the childcare education industry or/and CCS software is a huge advantage
- You have a good grasp of SQL, and ideally worked with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- You’re well aware of best practices when working with live mission critical databases
- Fast and fluent with the Microsoft Office suite (Word & Excel)
- You bring excellent customer services skills, demonstrated daily by being friendly, helpful, and empathetic
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills as well as a confident phone manner and active listening skills
- You're able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- You show awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth, and a desire to develop and apply new skills
- You're motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- True team players that understand we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves and pitch in
- Our core values resonate with you: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
- Be an Australian citizen or have eligibility and documentation demonstrating your right to work in Australia
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- $1500 individual yearly L&D budget
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working from anywhere in the world for 8 weeks per year for all roles
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "rocketfuel" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad.
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.