Looking for engaging work with a close-knit team where you can make an impact? We have a position for a .NET Core and React developer to join as an integral part of our uplift project. Flexible and remote working options are available.
MyDeal.com.au (ASX:MYD) is one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies. Our web solution provides an online marketplace, focused on “everything for your home” (furniture, homewares, garden, appliances and more). We connect our customers with millions of products sold by Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for a full stack developer to help us drive our development modernisation efforts. This role is primarily working to help migrate our well established ASP.NET MVC AWS solution suite to ASP.NET Core. As part of this work, we are also looking for someone to help drive new technologies and ideas, including adoption of our new SSR React framework. Hands on exposure to AWS DevOps and a lot of opportunities to help shape the work.
This is an autonomous role where you will play a key part in design & development of our core applications and on time delivery of projects within the organization. The tech team is a small, but highly productive, group that values supporting individual needs and flexibility in how work is completed. Strongly connected to the business, developers are not restricted to coding only and are actively encouraged to propose improvements and help steer requirements.
- Work on a well established platform to apply best practices and drive further scalability.
- Help define our tech strategy, ensuring the most effective and modern approaches are used to help achieve our goals.
- Help design new features and even whole solutions that extend the MyDeal suite.
- Work on back-end tasks such architecting and designing REST API’s, understanding and modifying existing implementation, front-end tasks such as UI Component creation.
- Collaborate with PM's, BA's to interpret high-level requirements and designing a fit for purpose solution.
- Assess designs for robustness, scalability and performance.
- Strong development background in .NET stack including C#, ASP.NET Core, RESTful APIs.
- Solid experience in front end technology, with good exposure to React.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, OOAD, MVVM, Design Patterns, Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection.
- Proficient in using Entity Framework Core and SQL Database design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefers working in a team environment, looking for best outcomes for all involved.
- Skilled in responsive web design, CSS and accessibility.
- Exposure working with NoSQL Databases such as DynamoDB and MongoDB.
- Exposure working with AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache, OpenSearch).
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive start-up culture with passionate people that collectively possess over 100 years of eCommerce experience.
- Play an important role in an ASX listed company that is experiencing unprecedented growth.
- Industry competitive remuneration in a full-time permanent position.
- Strong support for work-from-home and remote development.
- A modern Collins Street CBD office easily accessible by tram, bus and train.
- Excellent equipment provided including sit/stand desks, powerful laptop and dual 4K monitors with full motion stands.
Up for the challenge? Apply now with your CV, GitHub and Portfolio to organise a confidential discussion.
We look forward to seeing your application!
MyDeal.com.au is an equal opportunity employer and screens applications without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.