Seer is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
By improving access to home monitoring at scale, we will relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Seer and a great opportunity to lead the charge in shaping Seer’s legal function to support our international expansion and growth. With the assistance of an experienced Senior Legal Counsel and reporting to the CFO, the General Counsel role is a broad, dynamic, and diverse role where you will be responsible for leading projects such as capital raising, establishing new entities in new jurisdictions, as well as M&A activities. It will suit a curious professional who thrives in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management and assist with negotiations where required
- Lead the legal aspect of Capital raising process and ensure Seers Capital table is accurate and up to date
- Providing the business with legal support to ensure that Seer is compliant with matters including privacy, modern slavery, GDPR, etc
- Assist with employment laws considerations
- Development and oversight of a process for seeking practical and timely legal advice for complex matters, or where capacity is limited.
- Provide support, training and mentoring to staff to improve individual and organisational understanding of the Trust's obligations and legislative environment
- Work closely with end users to understand legal support requirements, and constraints for current contracts
- Lead the legal aspects of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Review and advise upon other agreements and related issues (such as subcontracts, teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, alliances, joint ventures, leases, insurance coverage, in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure our ESOP program is managed in a compliant manner
- Establishment and management of a contract database
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with legal panel service providers
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Proven experience managing senior executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in managing complexity, ambiguity and responding to change
- High degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil complex concepts and issues clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- A client focused approach to service delivery and the ability to collaborate with peers to achieve best overall outcomes
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strong commercial & financial acumen with solid understanding of corporate finance
- Demonstrated ability to define, plan, and shape strategies and initiatives into tactical plans for successful delivery
- Experience in identifying and managing risks with effective risk controls
- Strong written presentation skills and the ability to convert data into insight and prepare compelling, persuasive reports and presentations
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to role model values and behaviours
- A degree in law, with an MBA being highly desirable
- 5+ PQE gained within a reputable firm at Senior Associate level plus 10+ years in-house experience
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Contribute to the global impact our groundbreaking products and technologies are making.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us:
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
- We’ve been awarded over AU$2 million in government fund grants towards new product innovation, manufacturing, and research in the last two (2) years
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Our products and technologies are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, have earned CE accreditation, and are currently being evaluated for FDA approval.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.