Position Title: Data Analyst (Finance)
Reporting Line: Principal Data Engineer
Contract Type: Full-time
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Starting Date: ASAP
About Assembly Payments and CurrencyFair
Assembly Payments is one of the fastest growing FinTechs with a presence in Australia, Singapore, the Philippines and the US. We help our customers build automated payment workflows & payment gateways through APIs, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible & reducing the complexity of running both classic and digital-native businesses.
We recently announced our merger with Currency Fair, a global cross-border payments platform which allows individuals and SMEs to manage their international payments through a digital self-service account, with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia.
Our combined structure of 170 people, now plans to expand our presence across APAC, Europe, the Middle-East, and the US. We are therefore looking for skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of global payments.
The Data Team
We are a full stack cross-functional team responsible for ingestion, processing, presentation and analysis of data. Our sole purpose is to help our business become data-driven. We provide the platforms as well as frameworks and enable business functions to get the best out of the data. This role is within the data team while closely collaborating with the finance function to deliver insights.
- Data analysis to provide insights at scale for the finance team
- Track and report on reconciliation, billing etc and investigate variances
- Working with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker/Tableau
- Using advanced SQL to derive insights from complex datasets in datalake/datawarehouse
- Collaborate closely with the finance, payments and product team to fulfil finance analytical requirements
- Source and integrate data from different sources such as end of day files, bank balances, internal codebases and excel spreadsheets
- Own and maintain the reports/dashboards related to finance
- Collaborate with the business to ideate, design and implement improvement measures for streamlining and automation of processes to enable scale
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree / equivalent experience in finance Data Analysis
- Basic Finance domain knowledge (accounting, journal, ledger, chart of accounts etc)
- Advanced SQL skills
- Data Visualization skills & experience using BI Tools such as Looker, Tableau
- Demonstrated end to end ownership and accountability of issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactively identify, analyse and improve upon existing manual business processes
- Be good with people, technical language, and have robust written and verbal communication skills. Ideally strong ability to communicate well with team members within the finance department.
- Able to define problem statements before jumping into solution mode
- Be a fast-learner and easily adapt to new ways of working
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals
- A fun and flexible work environment. Work remotely or in our creative and vibrant offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, India and Manila
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com