About the role
You’ll be joining a team working on our marketing web properties to conceptualise, deliver and maintain web and digital solutions which enable Culture Amp to engage, support and communicate with its global audiences.
The core application our team is responsible for is Culture Amp’s marketing website, a custom Ruby (Hanami 2) application, built using Tailwind CSS, Typescript and Playwright end-to-end testing, hosted on AWS.
As an engineer in our team you can expect to:
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across our codebases and tech stack as you build, iterate and maintain our marketing web properties
- Work cross-functionally with a talented team of engineers, designers and marketing professionals to develop, refine and implement innovative and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with other engineers in our team through pair programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build shared understanding of your work
- Maintain and support the properties our team is responsible for. Ensure our dependencies and codebases are up-to-date, compliant, performant and accessible
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in building web-based software applications. You understand fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintenance
- You are conscious of web accessibility, performance and discoverability. You think about your work and its impact on users and their experience
- Your code is covered by integration and unit tests. You understand the value of test-driven development and know how and when to add tests
- You are familiar with integrating third party marketing services and ensuring website performance, compliance and accessibility are not compromised
- Your process involves documenting your work. You write code that is consistent, maintainable, and understood by your teammates
- You are a proactive and clear communicator. You value empathy and kindness and are able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking, and are open to the perspectives others bring
- You seek to understand and solve problems, have a growth mindset and a willingness to embrace challenges
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required
You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
MacBooks for you to do your best work
Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.