As our Head of Legal at Finder, you will be responsible for enabling growth and ensuring the highest standards of legal advice and counsel to the company’s stakeholders.
- Leading the team, and the building out of the legal function at Finder.
- Researching legal and compliance issues in existing, and new markets.
- Early identification, advice, and suggested resolution of legal and compliance risk.
- Reviewing marketing, advertising and published content for compliance with relevant financial regulations, advertising, privacy and consumer laws.
- Interpreting legislation, and providing recommendations.
- Reviewing and drafting agreements - particularly for major suppliers and customers
- Managing IP matters and protecting our IP.
- Assisting with compliance issues, including drafting policies.
- Advising on UK, EU and USA financial product promotion laws.
- Working closely with colleagues and sharing knowledge.
- Providing legal advice and guidance, within a team environment.
- Supporting the roll out of innovative fintech initiatives.
- Supporting and enabling domestic and international growth.
- You will work with and support international business functions globally.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated strong legal research skills.
- A commercial eye for new products and what will help grow the business.
- Have the aptitude to navigate through complex and ambiguous environments, including regulations in overseas jurisdictions.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in interpreting legal and regulatory requirements which apply to relevant business areas.
- Have advanced knowledge of intellectual property and data/privacy laws across the jurisdictions we operate within.
- Have advanced knowledge of UK and European financial services laws.
- Have strong experience with financial services, and credit product advertising and marketing laws.
- Demonstrated experience in a fintech/ payments / technology business, and being the legal go-to person for new product launches.
- Experience working for a listed company and understanding ASX (or relevant exchange) requirements.
- Mergers and Acquisitions experience, ideally in the technology sector.
- Extensive post admission experience
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of AU, UK & USA financial services laws.
- Experience with data security standards / accreditation.
- Employment law experience.
- Have experience with financial services, credit products, and open banking regulations.
- Experience of laws in more than one jurisdiction.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.