Level 10 - Tech Lead Full Stack Web Developer
At Abyss, our mission is to create innovative AI and robotics solutions, removing the need to put people at risk in dangerous jobs. From deep sea rovers to our recent Moon to Mars Australian Government grant, and emerging technology in Agriculture, there is no challenge that Abyss will shy away from.
A global team collaborating across Australia, America and Pakistan consist of passionate problem solvers who love working on cutting edge technology, while maintaining focus on environmental impact, safety, and cost.
You’ll get to work on complex challenges with a team of experts in: machine learning, robotics, data processing and software engineering.
This is a hands-on leadership and development role responsible for technical oversight and leadership in one of our Frontend Web Development teams. Our Tech Leads stand back to back with our product owners, and collaborate with other team leads, to deliver amazing software to our clients. This involves being engaged in the development of software as well as taking responsibility for providing guidance on best practices in software design, quality, architecture and development process.
Your role will involve all aspects of Front end and back end development, along with being involved with DevOps and testing to ensure that our software is being developed with industry best practices and remains a high quality at all times. As such, your team will look to you for guidance and mentorship on how to continuously develop and improve their skills. You’ll be working closely with a group of experienced software engineers, machine learning specialists, and robotics experts, guiding you towards development of our cutting-edge products.
If you are passionate about technology and are always learning new things, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box.
About the Job
- Work closely with our research Data Processing teams to ensure data is stored and processed in optimal ways for use in our cloud applications.
- Contribute heavily to the architectural roadmap and overall product design
- Develop web applications for data manipulation and presentation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of commercial software products
- Assist with DevOps and all aspects of software development
- Be involved in technical recruitment activities to grow the team
Skills and Requirements
- Software architecture and software design
- Extensive experience with React/Vue web applications
- Proven experience with and passion for UI and UX design
- Proven experience with and passion for Data Visualisation
- Typescript Applications based on Node.js and Nest
- Experience with NoSQL (eg. MongoDB) databases
- GraphQL and REST API
- Deep understanding of Agile values and principles
- Experience in Unit Testing, test automation, and Continuous Integration.
- Proficient communication and analytical skills
- A working knowledge of DevOps in web applications
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem and other cloud platforms
- Microservices Architecture
- Experience with image and 3D data manipulation
What’s in it for you
- We encourage and support continuous learning and career growth, and maintain that upskilling and staying up to date with emerging technologies is expected.
- You’ll get to work closely with industry leaders working on problems without existing solutions.
- Working with a growing company means there’s lots of opportunities.
- Opportunity to work at or travel between our various office locations.
- You’ll have the opportunity to transition into other technical specialties within the company.
- Abyss offers flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
- Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney, 30 minutes from Sydney CBD.
How To Apply
If you have the required skills and are an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is entitled to work in Australia, we would love to hear from you by applying here:
Abyss is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.