We exist because we are passionate about creating innovative and easy to use PDF markup software - ultimately, this is to eliminate paper waste for our users across the globe, and achieve our vision to make the paperless office a reality.
Drawboard’s first PDF markup application received the status of ‘#1 Productivity App’ on the Microsoft Store, and was pre-installed on Microsoft Surface for two years (millions of devices!). We’re now building out Drawboard’s document review and collaboration platforms, which has already been embraced by architecture and engineering teams worldwide - think InVision for architects.
As we are now entering an exciting phase of growth - we’re looking for a talented UX Designer to help us achieve our goal of producing world-class software people love to use.
About the role:
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior UX Designer to drive the way we implement UX practices within our team, and work closely together with our Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineers - to research, conceptualise, prototype and usability test future products and functionalities - and ultimately deliver world-class software our users love.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target users needs
- Drive UX practices within our fast-paced and growing team
- Define future product vision and opportunities with user research
- Lead usability testing and establish best practices for our company
- Translate research into user-centered and cross platform designs around customer needs and business goals
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems, that sets us apart from our competitors
- Generate and refine low fidelity concepts, information architecture, user journeys/ flows, wireframes and prototypes to best communicate solutions
- Develop user personas that the design team can use when creating and validating designs
- Push the boundaries of the current interaction models
- Communicate user findings and UX solutions with the wider team
- Curious about and driven by user research and findings
- Passionate about design
- A natural team player
- A creative, user-centric thinker
- Hands-on and multi-disciplined
- Happy in a small and dynamic team
- Thriving in a fast-paced work environment
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer in start-ups or agencies
- Proven experience and understanding of implementing best UX practices within an organisation, agency or start-up.
- Highly experience leading usability testings and research
- Experienced in following UX skillset: identifying customer problem statements, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, usability testing, heuristic evaluation, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, customer journey mapping
- Experienced using multiple design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Knowledge and experience in designing across various channels and platforms. (Eg: iOS, Web and UWP)
- Experience with ‘design at scale’, along with component-based principles and practices
- Experienced creating user personas, and implementing these during the design process
- Proven ability to deliver world-class results which users love
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, along with working independently with self-direction
- Experienced with design software such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Principle, Framer and Miro
- Experience in workshop facilitation
About the culture of Drawboard:
Drawboard is a small and international team working mainly from our Melbourne (CBD) office.
We are a bunch of individuals that care about the products we make and the impact the products have on our users.
People here love working together and are always open to step outside of their role to help each other. It’s an honest, stress free, flexible and egoless environment where everyone can be themselves and where everyone is open to new ideas.
We value life and work balance with ‘Work From Home Wednesday’s’, along with flexible working hours.
During this COVID-19 situation, we are all mostly working from home, and look forward to returning to the Queen Street office post-pandemic with some modifications we learned while working from home.