We’re looking for an Accelerator Associate with the skills and talent to help build the next version of Startmate. The core goal of this role is to support the Startmate accelerator program.
Supporting the accelerator program includes attracting and selecting the best founders in Australia, growing and engaging our mentor network, and managing three cohorts of founders per year across Sydney, Melbourne, New Zealand and San Francisco.
This is a key role on a small team at the centre of the Australian startup ecosystem. We’re looking for a super operator who can juggle dozens of balls at the same time. We want to work with a curious, humble, interested person who is passionate about leading a wave of change in Australia.
The Accelerator Associate will be responsible for:
- owning the onboarding process, tracking founder progress, tracking and surfacing key metrics, scheduling and managing trips to San Francisco, scheduling and briefing mentors
- tracking applicants, coordinating mentor voting, supporting Interview Day and owning Office Hours
- tracking the financial performance of our portfolio, maintaining our internal database, own the financial processes from investor documents and fundraising to sending out unit certificates
Background is less important than the key skills, which include:
- you can keep a thousand balls in the air because you have everything in a system. You thrive in tough environments where there’s never enough time or budget — nothing stops you from delivering on your goals
- you love spreadsheets and you take pride in creating a seamless system
- you thrive on working with people, radical honesty, transparency and being a driving force of a whole community
- you are able to manage multiple stakeholders and partners and keep everyone on track to deliver on time
Here are some of the things we love about working at Startmate:
- Daily contact with the best founders, mentors, operators and investors in Australia
- Inclusive and caring team who help each other grow and develop as people and as professionals
- A constant masterclass in startup operations and a behind the scenes view into the world of early-stage venture capital investing
- The feeling of making the right connection or giving the right feedback to help a founder unleash their talent and ideas on the world
- Work fully remotely
You can read more about what happens at Startmate here.
About the Process
We use an anonymous, unbiased hiring process which will ask you to answer a few problem questions instead of submitting a CV. If successful, you will be invited to a first-round interview.