Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
The Opportunity Join our newly created team, build the foundations of understanding customer behaviour for Afterpay and our merchants. Your abstract thinking and data science skills will inform the strategic direction of the Afterpay brand.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Apply your data science skills to behavioural science solving strategic important problems and building product for the brand
- Work with stakeholders across the business to influence marketing decisions and customer success
- Think outside the box in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Analyze data trends to identify opportunities and drive business strategy
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences internally and with merchants
- Collaborate with the Risk Analytics teams to drive accretive value for customers, merchants and Afterpay
- Help drive an organisational effort toward better understanding customer and merchant triggers and needs on an ongoing basis, and propose data driven solutions that drive and measure share of wallet (our measure of customer success) and share of checkout (our measure of merchant success)
- Contribute to the measurement framework and capability for ‘Afterpay incrementality’ – measuring the accretive value Afterpay delivers to - Merchants
- Analyze the Afterpay ‘network effect’ - the intersection of merchant, customer and the Afterpay brand - and the value loop it delivers
- Assist the execution of lifecycle management including journeys, adjacencies and frequency for both merchants and consumers
- Engage with engineering, product and other analytics teams to deliver on major cross-functional projects
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
-You will have a passion for analytics, data science and machine learning
-Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing - you will drive key insights and bring these to life
-A demonstrated ability in the application of Data Science to solve strategic business problems and deliver commercial and customer outcomes
-You have deep experience delivering against a data science roadmap
-You are confident and comfortable with communicating the results of complex analysis to stakeholders at all levels
-Experience working in B2C technology, Enterprise or Retail organizations with large customer datasets
- A track record of delivering data-driven solutions and actionable insights
- A BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics
-You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices