ActivePipe is a fast growing SaaS software company in the property technology space that is experiencing tremendous success in the US and Australian markets. Our platform enables real estate users to deliver automated marketing communications with the right content, at the right time, to the right people.
This is an exciting time for ActivePipe. We are well past the 'start-up' phase in our company. Our platform and markets are proven. Our teams are empowered and engaged. Now it is time for us to scale up, deepen our value proposition and invest in our growth plans. A big part of this is investing in our Engineering team to help build on the technical foundations of our platform, and our ability to scale our business. This is a vital element to executing on our strategy.
We have a great 100+ person team spread across Australia, the Philippines and the United States. We have a strong investor base, including AS1 Growth Partners, NAB Ventures, Firemark Ventures and Second Century Ventures who backed our AUD $10 million Series B round last year.
Engineering Team Lead
Purpose of the Role
- Ongoing development of the ActivePipe platform including delivery of new product roadmap items, troubleshooting existing features and fixing bugs and defects
- Maintaining the ActivePipe Platform including responding to and fixing production issues
- Contributing to new project initiatives, including the organisation and scoping and ticketing of new features
- Designing and architecting platform enhancements
- Writing clean, efficient code based on best practices across different parts of the stack
- Documentation, testing and QA of work
- Collaborating with other engineers through pair programming and code reviews
Measures of Success
- On time delivery of product roadmap and agreed-to market or customer commitments
- Positive peer feedback from other engineers
- High performance indicators including code rework, pull request size, pull request complexity and defect rate
Essential Competencies and Capabilities
- Growth mindset
- Resilience in a scale up environment where we often must solve problems not encountered before
- Strongly driven to achieve and takes pride in excellent outcomes with focus on quality
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming best practices, current programming trends and the modern day engineering ecosystem
- Experience with software engineering best practices including as CI/CD, automated testing and type systems
- Experience in developing SaaS platforms
- Experience working in Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
What we can offer
- A great new office to work in (previously Uber’s Melbourne office) just a short walk from Richmond Station (once COVID restrictions have lifted)
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote first approach
- Our people are our priority. We are an international community of supportive, fun-loving, hard-working performers who are passionate about ActivePipe's mission. We provide coaching and mentoring through peer support groups and group book clubs
- Work somewhere where you are truly appreciated for your hard work and contributions
- Huge growth opportunity to get on board as we accelerate our growth and cement our position as the leaders in our space
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business to accelerate your career development and growth.
- Access to mental health support: Uprise EAP platform and resources.
- Paid Parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
- Great perks such as a commercial grade coffee machine at the office; weekly groceries for breakfast and lunches provided by ActivePipe; team lunches; Friday drinks (when in the office); social events; table tennis and foosball tables
Be resilient: challenges become opportunities, not obstacles that can’t be overcome. With a growth mindset we and you will grow and improve continually over time.
Own it: Run your domain like it is your own. Take pride in your work and own it. Don’t wait on others to nudge you. What do you do when no one is looking should be no different than when working with the team.
Be Straight Up: If there are issues speak up, Provide Constructive Feedback, Surface Harsh Realities, Embrace debate / challenge
Strive for excellence: Push the limits on what we can achieve. Don’t settle. Stay hungry. Do what no one else is willing to do. Have that healthy fear that delivering excellent outcomes involves risk and constructive conflict.