Afterpay’s mission is to power an economy in which everyone wins, to play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product and we see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Offered by more than 70,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We also have offices across the globe including New Zealand, USA, China, UK and Europe!
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Risk & Data Science engineering team you'll be responsible for developing software to make an immediate impact on our product. The Software Engineer will influence many aspects of our business through architecting our core risk systems. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on our product and work on projects that are pivotal to our team’s success and our company’s growth.
What you’ll be doing
· Responsible for designing, building, and owning the services and infrastructure that manages Afterpay’s financial risk. You will build web applications, design highly available services, and work with complex distributed systems
· Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, data scientists on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
· Own features and functions throughout their lifecycle from inception, rollout, launch, scale and iteration
· Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, APIs, web-apps
· Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles, guided by the Staff Engineers and Engineering Managers.
Who are you?
· BA/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
· Experience on architecturing large scale distributed system
· 5+ years of Experience in building and maintaining applications that utilize a modern programming language, at least one of Java, Kotlin, Golang and Python
· Familiarity with popular technologies, for example Spring boot, Hibernate, gRPC, Kafka, Flink, Redis, Cassandra and so on
· Expertise in mentoring & coaching junior developers within teams
· Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution
· Passionate about continuously learning new technologies, frameworks, and services
· Possess an execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed
· Serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
· Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills
What are the perks?
· Flexible work from home arrangements (Hybrid or fully remote model of working)
· Equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave
· Beautiful office space in Surrey Hills with all snacks, beverages and catered meals
· Open ACG accounts and AWS certification reimbursements
· Additional wellness days (extra days of leave) and company-wide wellness hours
· Afterpay swag, did someone say Afterpay socks?
· Paid team outings, UberEats Vouchers & Afterpay credit on Afterpay day!
How to Apply
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices