We have been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50We provide a fun office environment, and lots of flexibility to work from home, with well established policies, practices, and tools to make you successful in both environments.
About the role
As a Product Designer at Car Next Door, you’ll be a part of the UX team defining and driving the product vision at one of Australia’s most promising startups. You’ll work closely with our product management, engineering, messaging and insights teams to tackle our biggest interaction and service design challenges.
If you love simplifying complexity and have an eye for detail, a passion for usability and a knack for rapid prototyping, come join us in crafting intuitive experiences for our growing car-sharing community.
The focus of this role includes:
- Simplifying car-sharing for our members and workflows for our admins
- Conducting user research and data analysis to understand user pain points
- Prototyping, iterating on and shipping solutions to these problems
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Designing user experiences that span our web and mobile app interfaces, messaging and vehicle technology
- Communicating ideas and design decisions through wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product management, engineering, messaging and insights to ensure a smooth process from problem definition to release and beyond
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research to validate and iterate on your prototypes and shipped designs
- Identifying future opportunities and areas for improvement through continuous user engagement and data analysis
What you’ll need to be successful:
- At least 3+ years of designing lovable products
- High proficiency in using design tools such as Sketch, Invision or Figma
- Experience working collaboratively with product managers and engineers in an agile environment
- Experience mapping and simplifying complex service design workflows
- Experience conducting research and synthesising results
- As we’re a remote-friendly team, you will also need the ability to both independently drive your own work pace and leverage our various communication tools to collaborate effectively across a distributed team in multiple timezones.