Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
Rokt is looking for a talented engineer of any level to be a part of a small team of Rokt'star engineers.
You’ll be part of a team that helps Rokt expand to the new frontier of small and medium businesses. You’ll be working on solutions that bring Rokt to popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify and contribute to Rokt’s growth in the coming years.
At Rokt, we care deeply about creating simple, robust and maintainable solutions. We also believe using the right tool for the right job and applying cutting edge technologies to various problems we are looking to solve.
This is a hand-on role and as such you will be deeply involved in every level of design, implementation and operation of the systems. You should have extensive hand-on experience with Node.js, TypeScript, Docker and AWS services like Cloud Formation, S3, DynamoDB…
You also should have worked in an agile environment and are familiar with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet requirements and technical specifications
- Implementing tests to verify the implemented functionality
- Writing Infrastructure as Code stacks to automatically spin up and tear down infrastructure
- Crafting high quality, scalable and resilient systems for the long-term with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Setting up deployment pipelines including logging and alerting
- Working with the rest of the team to elaborate, find and solve issues and improve the overall quality
- 5+ years of relevant commercial software experience
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and TypeScript
- CI/CD tools such as Buildkite, CircleCI, Bamboo or a similar platform
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- Clear communicator of complex ideas
- Bonus: Experience with React
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.