Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16+ markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
We are looking for talented Android engineers with solid experience to join our Mobile Platform team. The Mobile team is part of the Better pillar of Rokt Engineering and consists of server-side and mobile native engineers, tasked with creating the Android SDK that allows Rokt's partners to unearth additional value from their mobile native ecommerce funnels. The SDK integrates seamlessly into our partners' mobile apps and enables targeted and personalized marketing messages and offers to be displayed at optimal points along with the in-app ecommerce flow. Rokt's large marketplace brings about really interesting challenges for this team around scale, performance, security, flexibility, user experience and interoperability. Some of the technologies that they use include Kotlin, BuildKite, Datadog, AWS Device Farm and a host of other services on AWS.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve Android SDK
- Set-up deployment pipelines including testing, packaging and deploying
- Work with the rest of the team to find and solve issues and improve the overall quality
- Act as the technical expert assisting clients to integrate Android SDK by architecting, leading and delivering integration projects as well as supporting clients engineers to debug problems
- Develop, maintain and improve cross-platform modules such as React Nativ
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating distributed systems.
- Solid knowledge of Android application development and good knowledge/experience with Kotlin.
- Experience consuming web services and collaborating on API design
- Solid understanding of Android fundamentals, server interaction, inter-mobile-app communication and different screen sizes/formats.
- Knowledge of UI Components, MVC/MVP/MVVM application design and complex, reactive touch based UI • Experience with a major cloud provider (preferably AWS).
- Excellent communication skills in English - you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- DevOps mindset. At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- Agile practitioner. ""Agile"" is not just a buzzword for you. You know how to work in an agile team towards a common goal. • Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools Preferred requirements:
- iOS applications/SDKs/Frameworks development experience a plus
- Experience developing SDKs for mobile applications
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and strengthening of our communities. Our NY Office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. This includes all Rokt’stars, clients, contractors, vendors and suppliers who will be onsite at the Rokt New York Office.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC Office is dog friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.