To transform the way everyday people around the world invest, by empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, unemotional financial decisions. The average retail investor massively underperforms the market, but they don’t have to.
This is an opportunity to work at a well-funded, profitable, fintech B2C startup. We have over 3 m users and cover over 100,000 stocks across 91 countries. We’ve tripled our ARR in the last year and are growing.
ENGINEERING PROBLEMS WE’RE CURRENTLY SOLVING
- As we continue to grow 2x we want to focus on performance, reliability and security
- Improve the mobile experience for our users
- Setting up the right analysis/analytics infrastructure
- Internationalisation (multiple languages)
- Thinking through marketing engineering (SEO, building for partner channels, email marketing engine etc)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Team & people management, with 4-5 reports.
- Ensure engineering is focussed on solving customer problems.
- Lead in the engineering vision and best practices for our platform
- Mentor, grow and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
- Develop a strong engineering culture that achieves longer-term business outcomes
- Be comfortably leading by example through architectural discussions, code reviews etc
- Managing data science, data engineering and software engineering
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- IBM Cloud and AWS
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft SQL, Postgres, Amazon Redshift
- Kafka, Redis
- DataDog, Sentry
Though, this shouldn’t really matter. :D We are looking for a leader who will lead a strong engineering culture agnostic of the technology stack.
- Still very hands-on, so there’s a minimum requirement that you hit at least the Senior Engineer level. Your main focus is on team and people management.
- A pragmatic approach to software development
- Experience, working in a strong engineering culture
- Preferred that you have had experience in a startup or scale-up
- A clear opinion on what a strong engineering culture looks like
- Entrepreneurial spirit - someone who can simultaneously think big, but also stay grounded in the immediate, practical, get-stuff-done mindset of a startup.
- Language agnostic engineering leader
- Demonstrably strong software engineering skills
- Leadership experience, managing engineers in achieving business outcomes
- Experience with hiring and retaining software engineers
- Passion for building world-class data platforms that support a global customer base
- Growth mindset, bring creative problem solving to align the company’s technology development plan with the company’s business goals.
- Competitive Base Salaries: We are a startup but we don’t underpay;
- Parental Leave Policy: With a supportive return to work plan;
- Equity (ESOP): Everyone owns our success;
- Learning & Development Fund: We invest in your growth;
- Share Club: We provide cash for you to invest & learn from the team. Check out one of our videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxxqaiG6bY;
- Dedicated GSD (Get Sh*t done) Days. No meetings, so more time for flow!;
- Flexible working: Work when you are most productive;
- Monthly Social/Team Events: Like cooking, paintball, manga sketching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGxJPN4xCA&feature=youtu.be;
- Dog-Friendly Office: We love dogs, they make everything better!
Want to hear more? Hear from our founder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobC86VzFeg&feature=youtu.be