Swyftx is an innovative fin-tech scaleup, rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best-priced digital currency exchange. With over 450,000 users and growing fast, we are building an exceptional team to support this fantastic growth. We’re putting our people’s values, and our customer’s experience first, with our sights set on becoming Australia’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform and next billion-dollar success story.
About the opportunity
As an Assistant Accountant at Swyftx you will work as part of a small, dedicated and growing team, ensuring that the overall business is successful in meeting its financial day-to-day targets, from issuing invoices, ensuring payments are made on time, to cash management and month end reporting. Having worked in a similar role, you will already have strong time management and people skills. You’ll be energetic and self-motivated with great attention to detail and a can-do approach to challenges and tasks.
What you’ll do
- Assisting with the monthly general ledger reconciliation process, including the processing of bank transactions, adjusting journals as well as responsibility for maintaining the integrity of key balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of key metrics
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual tax lodgements
- Drive process and system improvements to enhance the financial reporting and control environment.
- Maintaining of process documentation and adherence to internal processes and controls requirements.
- Providing reliable and timely support the Senior Financial Accountant and the wider Finance team with ad-hoc tasks.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or related discipline
- Progression towards membership in a professional accounting body
- 2-4 years' experience in a relevant commercial accounting role
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- A developed and demonstrable problem-solving ability
- Well developed organizational and communication skills and a customer-centric approach when liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of accuracy, numerical ability and attention to detail
- Adaptable and proactive, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Life at Swyftx
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day. We are a culture that values learning and training, career growth and setting our people up for success.
Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Unlimited fee-free trading.
- Career growth, training, mentorship, and development opportunities.
- Social activities, game breaks and end of month awards.
- Fully stocked kitchen, breakfast and lunch foods, unlimited fresh fruit, snacks and kombucha.
- Wellbeing perks such as weekly massages with a sports physio, tennis lessons, yoga and breathwork classes.
At Swyftx we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role. We have an internal Talent Acquisition function, and therefore are not accepting approaches from recruitment agencies.