Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, HPGoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ NYC and ‘Great Places to Work’ US . Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for talented Android engineers with solid experience to join our Mobile Platform team. The Mobile team is part of the Better pillar of Rokt Engineering and consists of server-side and mobile native engineers, tasked with creating the Android SDK that allows Rokt's partners to unearth additional value from their mobile native e-commerce funnels. The SDK integrates seamlessly into our partners' mobile apps and enables targeted and personalised marketing messages and offers to be displayed at optimal points along with the in-app e-commerce flow. Rokt's large marketplace brings about really interesting challenges for this team around scale, performance, security, flexibility, user experience and interoperability. Some of the technologies that they use include Kotlin, BuildKite, Datadog, AWS Device Farm and a host of other services on AWS.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve Android SDK
- Set-up deployment pipelines including testing, packaging and deploying
- Work with the rest of the team to find and solve issues and improve the overall quality
- Act as the technical expert assisting clients to integrate Android SDK by architecting, leading and delivering integration projects as well as supporting clients engineers to debug problems
Capabilities & requirements
- 5+ years of experience building Android applications/SDKs with a strong depth of knowledge in Kotlin
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals, server interaction and inter-mobile-app communication.
- Capability around setting up and managing Android build/packaging/release pipelines of Android applications and frameworks using Buildkite, Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Expertise with Android testing frameworks: Unit test, Integration test and end-to-end test by using such tools as JUnit, Espresso, BrowserStack, AWS Device Farm, etc.
- A natural bent towards continuous improvement, code quality and sound principles.
- Experience working in Agile teams and following SCRUM processes.
- Experience writing and maintaining mobile libraries that are embedded in other apps
- iOS and Cross-platform experiences such as Cordova, React Native and Flutter
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.