If you’re a Software Engineer who loves leaning into the creativity of frontend, then I reckon I might have just the thing for you! Our Magnet squad are looking for the next Mid Level Engineer to join them. They’re all about (...you guessed it) magnetism - how can we pull people into the 99designs by Vista platform to find & create great designs. Think: all things front of funnel, there’s elements of growth, branding, and designer marketing. This would be a great gig for a frontend engineer & aspiring (but not quite yet) fullstack-er, the team would love to help you grow.
99designs by Vista is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Since 2008, our freelance community has brought more than one million creative projects to life for thousands of genius entrepreneurs, savvy small business owners, and brands with big ideas. As part of the Vista family, which includes VistaPrint and VistaCreate, 99designs helps small businesses thrive with expert design at their fingertips.
Why join now? You’d be joining a high calibre and mature product tech business that’s small enough for you to have real impact.
Working in the Exploration group you will truly go forth and explore! This team owns all of the product discovery and recommendation experience of 99d, where folks have their first interactions with the our platform: which should be both delightful and practical for users. They focus on capabilities to search and discover products and designers -- it’s all about gathering the right kind of data to, in turn, show people the right things (and at the right time).
Working in the Magnet team your focus is all about pulling people into the platform, by improving the channels of understanding and finding 99d. A love of beautiful UI and championing SEO sits at the heart of their engineering craft. What’s unique about this space is the joy and fun to be had in their microsite projects, such as the 99d awards page. There’s a lot of creative freedom that comes along with showcasing a distinct brand - you get to build something custom from the ground up & even sometimes leverage different tech and tooling.
The techy bits
Every team is fullstack and looks after an end-to-end, vertical slice of the 99designs by Vista product. This means that you own part of the front-end, back-end, storage, and operations - the goal is for teams to be in control of delivering a great end-user experience.
Safe to say - it’s a big stack! Experience in web development is enough to get you started (any language is fine!), and the drive to learn the rest will work beautifully. We would also love to hear from frontend candidates who would love the opportunity to grow into a fullstack engineer too!
A little bit about you
- Most importantly you have a positive mindset with equal parts curious, collaborative, you take initiative and ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An eagerness to learn new languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Passionate about full stack development and solving customer problems.
Why 99designs by Vista?
As we continue to scale as part of the Vista family, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things that we do to support their people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you. Think: fortnightly paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered!
- Grow your technical chops. On the job training & development in emerging industry standards such as Go and GraphQL.
- Culture of workplace flexibility. Everyone has unique needs and lives and we will support you in the best way that they can. Some people might work remotely, some with flex start and finish times… the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. You'll be set up at home with an Apple laptop, monitor, desk, chair, headphones etc. (the works), plus annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, to do your thang.
- Wellness for everyone. We are big on wellbeing & empowering every 99er to flourish. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 (to spend as you wish), 5x “wag” days of leave a year to take time off look after yourself + your wellbeing, access to their EAP Uprise for mindfulness, coaching & counselling, weekly online pilates & yoga classes, and a private wellness room in the office for prayer, pumping, finding a quiet moment or whatever + whenever else you might need some privacy.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining them. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99d provides one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit (they also match all staff donations to charities and nonprofits dollar for dollar!) Everyone also has 3 additional days of cultural leave a year. 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl Gold Partner & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Just a little bit curious?! Let's have a chat to see if we can be your happy (work) place