Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
Afterpay is looking for a passionate individual to lead our Commercial Sales Strategy. Your leadership will directly help Afterpay drive profitability and make a significant contribution to developing Afterpay’s overall sales strategy, increasing the size and impact of the team and establishing a culture of crisp execution. This new role will own the commercial sales strategy function including managing merchant customer growth and profitability strategies, commercial pricing and contract deal desk, business planning, merchant engagement strategies, as well as driving strategic initiatives including cross border trade, loyalty, and reporting across Afterpay’s sales function.
As Afterpay’s Commercial Sales Strategy Director you’ll...
- Develop and drive the commercial merchant sales strategy by analysing the business performance, profitability, revenue and pricing of our merchant base and delivering on Afterpay’s strategic company objectives
- Develop and lead the commercial pricing model framework in partnership with Finance, incorporating key value drivers and a multi year viewpoint
- Work closely with Sales leaders and Operations to identify and prioritize opportunities to build commercial processes. You’ll also partner with cross-functional teams to create and deliver sales performance
- Manage commercial contract review and renewal program, drive the deal cycle and help manage deal reviews, deal desk process and other areas to drive deal velocity. This includes partnering with legal, finance and risk to ensure merchant contracts are aligned with risk requirements, including DDR, reserves and deferred settlement
- Drive program management of strategic initiatives across Sales for merchant adoption, including. cross border trade and expansion into new markets, loyalty program, rebrand, Net Promoter Score and ‘Afterpay Day’ sale.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You have a deep understanding and experience in sales strategy, commercial and financial operations, pricing and business sales operations, ideally in a high-growth organisation
- You’ll have a sophisticated understanding of sales performance metrics and KPIs, with a highly analytical approach and ability to translate data into actionable insights
- You’ll be known for your excellent communication & presentation skills as well as demonstrated analytical, project management, and planning skills. You’ll ‘wow’ with your strong interpersonal skills, interacting equally with senior business leaders as well as sales managers and sales representatives
- You’ll bring your expert level experience in CRM and reporting systems e.g. Salesforce, Tableau and other sales tools to this role
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices