OpenLearning.com is a growing education SaaS company working towards its mission of being the number one lifelong learning platform. We provide a cutting-edge lifelong learning platform which goes beyond content delivery, and focuses on enabling interactive and engaging social learning experiences for communities of connected learners.
We are currently looking for two senior software engineers to join our growing technical team in Sydney.
OpenLearning values diversity of experiences and backgrounds. We strongly encourage everyone with a genuine passion for education and solid software development experience to apply, even if you only meet some of the role criteria.
This role is ordinarily based in our Sydney office, but we are currently working from home. We have adapted well to working remotely and check in with each other via daily video standups, with discussions/pair programming over discord. We otherwise enable a flexible working schedule that values personal autonomy and your preferred work style. You will be working in collaboration with our core platform developers in Sydney, our international software teams, and our global operational support staff - primarily based in our Sydney and Kuala Lumpur offices.
The Senior Learning Designer will lead the development of engaging high-quality learning experiences. The role will drive innovative and socially constructive course design in collaboration with the partner institution and their subject-matter expert/s.
They will assist in building the capability of educators and support the transition to learner-centric and authentic learning experiences and outcomes.
The Senior Learning Designer will apply evidenced based innovative approaches to course design for blended and fully online delivery. They will ensure that best practice learning design methodology is being implemented in all engagements with partners.
They will work collaboratively as part of the broader Learning Services and OpenLearning Teams to deliver exemplary customer service, contributing to the continuous improvement processes, proportion of repeat business, and extension into new products and services.
The Senior Learning Designer will ensure a high degree of knowledge of product, education sectors, regulatory frameworks; as well as, partners and learners’ needs.
- Provide input into annual strategic planning, and related activities.
- Achieve project timeframes and outcomes.
- Contribute to:
o The success of Open Learning by fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration;
o An efficient and effective business by working closely with the business to align priorities and initiatives;
o The monitoring of Open Learning’s competitors and target markets.
- Apply evidence-based innovative approaches to course design for blended and fully online delivery.
- Consistently coordinate, design and create courses that strongly reflect the OpenLearning philosophy.
- Proactively engage in the scoping of solutions for new and existing partners and engage with the relevant Partnerships Manager to ensure customer satisfaction and quality learning outcomes.
- End-to-end project management of large-scale projects; including allocation of work to other learning designers in consultation with the Head of Learning Services.
- Effectively manage project outcomes, timeframes, and partner relationships.
- Tailor and lead training workshops in both a face-to-face and online capacity.
- Lead the evaluation of projects and course learning designs.
- Act as a role model for lifelong learning; equipping yourself to evolve with the needs of our partners, learners, and the business.
- Use high level communication skills to effectively manage difficult partner conversations.
- Ensure a high degree of product knowledge, education sectors, regulatory frameworks; as well as, partners and learners’ needs.
- Ensure that best-practice learning design methodology is being implemented in all engagements with partners.
- Actively participate in team initiatives and projects.
- Mentoring of other team members.
Contact [email protected] with a CV/Resume and examples of your relevant experience