Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Dispute Resolutions Specialist, you’ll handle and resolve customer and merchant disputes in a fair, transparent and timely manner. The successful candidate will be the key point of contact within our Customer Service team for all escalated disputes and will be closely involved in the complaint lifecycle from escalation, to IDR and EDR.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Investigate, manage and resolve escalated and complex customer and merchant disputes, in accordance with the complaints policy.
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first and second-level resolution team members have not been able to resolve.
- Provide input into Afterpay's Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) responses to resolve complaints Prepare detailed, logical and well explained External Dispute Resolution (EDR) responses to AFCA, other dispute resolution bodies and consumer advocacy groups.
- Prepare reporting for stakeholders on complaint volumes, complaint categories and insights for both internal and external dispute resolution.
- Analyse complaint data, report on trends to the business, and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Manage multiple dispute cases simultaneously and in an efficient manner.
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
To be our successful applicant you will have:
- A Proven background in Customer Service, Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
- Demonstrable experience liaising with AFCA.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and strong problem-solving abilities.
- A Customer-focused approach and someone who enjoys critical thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in dispute resolution, including communication and management of complaint cases to external groups and governing bodies.
- A Strong ability to multi-task and work under time constraints to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to draft detailed, logical and comprehensive findings to external dispute bodies.
- A passion for Afterpay!
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you.
We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan. We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave. We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.