At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our planning team is an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. Our Planners analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers. We are currently on the look out for a Junior Planner to join our Women's Trend & designer Team.
- Work closely with buying teams to develop and implement a department strategy to drive sales and maximize profit
- Review in season and postseason performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline
- Work with your buying counterpart to manage the critical path
- Manage a detailed WSSI, own the forecasting and present in reforecast meetings.
- Use the WSSI to review STD trade and identify any concerns/anomalies with the forecast by reviewing the BTA. Suggest actions to keep trade on track to achieve/ exceed KPIs
- Strive for optimal profit by managing stock margins of items into and out of the business
- Collaborate with buying & marketing to trial new categories, products and brands
- Conduct in depth competitor shops and market analysis. Utilise tools such as Web Analytics to understand potential brand reach. Present findings and draws conclusions and actions from this analysis
- Build strong relationships with key brands and form relationships within the industry to gain insights on performance and strategy
- You have a thorough understanding of systems, merchandising processes and tasks, with an approach of best practice.
- 1-3+ years experience in planning or in a similar role.
- A proactive attitude, always looking to improve processes or bring increased efficiencies to your work.
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt your style depending on your audience.
- Works well under pressure and able to manage changing priorities in your workload
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of systems and processes and internal/external impacts on them
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and understanding of retail math and Excel
- Understands how a WSSI works and how it is used to keep track of department KPIs
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and learning tools
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our AMAZING staff discount and our famous sample sales!
- Hybrid working environment so you can manage your location across the office and wherever else works for you
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters . Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.