Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$150M (pacing to $170M in 2021) and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly expanding Optimization team, to look after the delivery of the advertising auction. Millions of advertising auctions occur each day on the Rokt marketplace, with our advertising auction being the decision point behind what, how, and where to show advertisements to each user, as well as how much each advertiser should pay. It is a core component of Rokt’s product offering, and it enables us to serve the most relevant offer to each customer in the Transaction Moment™.
As a PM in this space you will be responsible for owning all components of the auction end-to-end, with a focus on application of business requirements and ensuring the delivery of the most relevant offers to our end clients. You will own the roadmap, design and specification of features, working closely with our Machine Learning and Data Science teams to ensure a timely, efficient and equitable auction process is enabled across our entire network.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement to our auction to optimise for the next best action
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, software engineers and developers in the architecture of products
- Develop clear product specifications of features, incorporating quantitative and qualitative research to identify high value opportunities
- Manage trade-offs and effectively prioritise development and product delivery
Capabilities & Requirements
- 2-3 years of experience in Product Management, or equivalent experience in relevant fields
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex problems, conduct relevant analysis, and evaluate and recommend solutions
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Great team player, positively contributing to the product team and culture
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product is advantageous
- Some knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability is also advantageous
- Some technical background, with basic SQL knowledge
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in our pet-friendly office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.