How you can help make a better world of work
As part of this team of amazing humans,
Join a cross-functional team that is responsible for evolving and maintaining our pipeline for ingesting, enriching and sharing employee data across the Culture Amp platform.
Working with domain driven design, event sourcing and CQRS - you’ll help the team build new features to enrich employee data, allowing the Culture Amp platform to provide more meaningful insights across our product modules.
As a Senior Software Engineer on one of our teams you can expect to:
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across our codebases as you build features and help us move to a distributed and event-driven architecture.
- Collaborate with other engineers in your team through pair programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build shared understanding of your work.
- Work with the product managers and designers in your team to understand customer problems and help to develop, refine, and then implement solutions.
- Maintain and support the services your team is responsible for. Ensure our dependencies are up-to-date, observe and understand services in production, refactor code, and attend to issues raised by our customers.
- You have experience in building web-based software applications. You understand fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintenance.
- Your process involves documenting your work. You write code that is consistent, maintainable, and understood by your teammates.
- You are comfortable working across the full stack of web service architecture, including frontend, backend, and devops.
- You are proficient with Ruby, Go or TypeScript (or are willing to learn).
- You understand the value of test-driven development and know how and when to add tests.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required.
- You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice.
- You are a proactive and clear communicator. You value empathy and kindness and are able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking, and are open to the perspectives others bring.
- You seek to understand and solve customer problems. You think about how your work – at all levels – impacts our customers and improves their experience.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would check every box here — what’s important is that you arrive with a strong set of fundamentals, and that you’re committed to building the skills you’ll need to do great work. Similarly, while we use a range of specific technologies — Go, AWS, TypeScript, React, Kafka, Rails, Kotlin — you don’t need to have direct experience with them for this position and there’ll be opportunities to learn as part of the role.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!