Field Application Engineer
Sydney, Australia – Open to relocation
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for a Field Application Engineer to support the growing of business by delivering expert customer technical support and troubleshooting, providing hands-on support, and managing ongoing product deployments to current and potential customers.
Inside the Job:
- Working with customers to install and integrate Baraja LiDAR into customer test vehicles and vehicle fleets.
- Delivering expert customer technical support and troubleshooting, both remotely & on-site.
- Frequent travel to customer sites both domestically and overseas to provide hands-on support and manage ongoing product deployments.
- Gaining a solid understanding of customer workflow and use-case(s), use this to proactively design, implement & iterate the customer support process.
- Build on this customer knowledge to develop and feedback ideas for how to improve the product.
- Support the Business Development team in customer demonstrations.
- Possess a deep understanding of the Baraja LiDAR to provide design feedback after interacting with the customer.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a hardware engineering discipline (electronic, mechanical, systems or equivalent)
- Experience with technology integration challenges: mounting, cabling, wiring, power & data.
- Great people skills, be highly personable and approach challenges with energy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with creative problem solving.
- Basic coding skills, e.g., comfort with scripting / network API interfaces.
- Experience with vehicle installations, the automotive industry.
- Broad experience with sensing applications.
- Experience with complex hardware installation or assembly.
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!