Whispir is searching for a talented communication professional to build awareness of our brand, our mission and our industry innovation.
You will be reporting to our CMO and in this role your key objective is to develop and own the PR and business communications strategy for Whispir.
You will leverage key external PR relationships to generate awareness and earned media opportunities with key finance, business and industry media publications.
This exciting role is a unique mix of people management, strategy, research, writing, media relations and execution.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop and deliver a PR and communications strategy aligned with key business objectives
- Partner with external PR & IR teams to secure external media opportunities
- Possess an innate ability to break down complex product, technical or strategic projects into easily digestible content that resonates with media
- Build strong working relationships with Whispir content, product, sales and design teams, along with key members of the Whispir leadership group
- Develop and promote engaging content focused on new customer signings, product innovation, thought leaders, company milestones, quarterly performance reporting, strategic partnerships, diversity and innovation
- Provide weekly media monitoring reports
Experience and Qualifications:
We are ideally looking for motivated candidates with:
- A PR, MarComms or journalism background, coupled with a tertiary qualification in Communications or PR (or longstanding experience in this field)
- Experience managing an organisation's external communications program including corporate comms, media releases, market presentations, pitching stories, profile building and media relations
- Extensive experience with 8+ years in a similar role
- Leadership and people management skills, with the ability to nurture and develop key talent from within the business
- Experience working with leadership and c-suite, developing newsworthy stories
- The natural ability to translate business objectives into PR and communications content
- Management of internal communications and employee engagement
- Exceptional communication, stakeholder management and organisational skills
- An ability to cope with change in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- A mix of big picture thinking complemented by day to day project delivery
- Strong research and investigation skills
Direct reports and key relationships:
- Communications & Engagement Specialist - tasked with growing employee engagement, enhancing business culture and celebrating our successes.
- PR and IR agency management
- Other key working relationships include the CEO, COO, CFO, CPO, Regional Sales VP’s and People and Culture.
You will also work closely with and tap into the skills and resources of the broader marketing team, including:
- Director of Marketing, Australia
- Design Director
- Head of Content and Content Writers