Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you think you’ll do some great things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
What you will solve
Our vision to bring financial wellness to all Australians can only be achieved through ensuring our ecosystem of beautiful, simple-to-use digital products are aligned to our customers’ needs. By analysing data and identifying key opportunities, we are always building, iterating and learning from our customers.
Your focus will be initially on enhancing all things “front of funnel”, such as rethinking our loan application process and website experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to design and deliver solutions that have tangible impact to Wisr’s purpose and business outcomes as we continue to scale.
You’ll report to the Head of Design and be working closely with your Product Owner, and a cross-functional team of marketing specialists, designers, writers and engineers.
Some of your day to day responsibilities include:
* Regularly meet with customers and clients and obsessively learn how they use our products to ensure we are delivering valuable outcomes and experiences.
* Work independently and at times in collaboration with a senior designer, using figma to create lo, mid and hi-fi prototypes.
* Test and iterate prototypes based on customer insights, refining to deliver dev-ready solutions that present the best first impressions of the Wisr ecosystem.
* Take a mobile first approach when designing experiences. You’ll consider the bigger picture of end-to-end journeys as well as the micro details such as required states and use cases.
Work with content creators to define UX writing that is simple and on brand Give feedback to other designers and participate in building the design practice at Wisr.
What you will bring
With a strong background working at the front of funnel, ideally within the financial services or lending industry, you love designing and optimising user experiences. By owning and delivering end-to-end solutions, you strive to solve customer and client problems that move business metrics.
Some key skills we are looking for include:
* Strong design all-rounder – a craft-oriented product designer with a portfolio that demonstrates sound understanding of design principles of layout, typography and visual hierarchy. You pay attention to the details to make user experiences simple and delightful.
* Outcomes focused – you ensure that your design meets the outcomes / success metrics set at the beginning so that we can balance between delivering the best customer experience & meeting business objectives.
* Dedicated to digital experiences – you are an experienced Product or Digital Designer working in agency or studio environments with high proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. You’ve had experience designing and optimising application forms and can use and evolve a design system.
* Active contributor – you love contributing your unique skills to solving complex customer and business challenges by working closely with team members and showcasing the value of UX and customer-centric design practices.
* Organised – You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change and are able to navigate unknowns in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities at the same time
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
* Flexible and hybrid working
* $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
* Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
* Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your mum)
* Employee share incentive programmes
* Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
* Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
* Table tennis and regular tournaments
* Arcade machine & massage pod
* Regular social events and awesome team offsites
* It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.