Who we are!
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention.
Watch this - What we do
Your (awesome) team and role!
As we continue to rapidly scale, there is an exciting opportunity to join our commercial team. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible to identify business opportunities and drive reciprocal value with our carrier partners. You have established relationships in the logistics industry and have both the street and book smarts to build a world-leading capability.
Day to day!
* Define Shippit’s carrier panel strategy to win new business, globally (starting with ANZ, SEA)
* Ownership of direction on carrier sufficiency to support our growth ambitions in existing and new markets
* Ownership of the design & delivery of shipping solutions provided to new & existing customers
* Set the vision for a merchant & carrier marketplace, step-changing how we create value for our carrier partners
* Deliver more value to Shippit’s carrier partners in an effort to evolve how we commercialise Shippit’s fast-growing on-platform delivery volumes
* Establish a joint-business value creation framework with our carrier partners that enables Shippit to deliver on commercial goals
* Direct & own the commercial & innovation in Shippit’s suite of delivery services & value adds to grow Shipping Revenue (eg, Shippit Discounted Rates, Transit Protection etc)
* Revenue expansion through design of new shipping solutions & value added services
* Enhance revenue through strategic pricing mix management
* Mitigate margin erosion from market pricing pressures & customer mix / behaviour on platform Define & drive initiatives to reduce waste in the logistics industry
* Incentivise co-opetition models through our multi-leg technology solutions (Lyne)
* Define & sell solutions to carriers that will help them improve efficiencies (Premonition etc)
Our ideal Shippster - You!
We are always looking for the best, so...ideally you'll have;
* Extensive experience in logistics & the technology space including from the transportation, travel, advertising and medical technologies space
* Operated in either the Logistics, freight or brokerage industries
* Senior commercial sales / partnerships experience
* Forged a career from logistics but moved in to commercial tech - a tech/SaaS company that works in complex or last mile logistics
* Executive level stakeholder management
* Solid leadership experience with the ability to think and plan strategically bringing your team and the broader business on the journey
Life at Shippit, the good stuff!
We have so much to offer at Shippit, it’s almost too hard to list it all in a job ad, so here is what we believe you’ll love:
* CBD office location - state-of-the-art office with all the facilities/ tools you need to get the job done
* Hybrid/ Flexible working - choose whether you want to come into the office or work from home
* Our business is yours - be rewarded with a generous Employee Share Option Plan
* Get fit - we contribute to your gym membership
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Let’s grow together - ongoing professional and personal development opportunities provided
* We love to eat - let us treat you to a delicious lunch once a week, we’re talking trimmings and all. Oh and our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience
* Family Friendly - we promote a sustainable balance in one's identity as a Shippster AND a parent – so enjoy an improved parental leave policy
* Wellbeing & Mental Health - all newbies start on Wednesday for a shorter first week, allowing time to reflect and rest
… AND MORE!!
Culture Culture Culture!
You’ll be joining a high-performance culture at Shippit, where everyone can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
The team behind Shippit come from diverse backgrounds, but all embody the core values that make our business unique. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #9 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2021. It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things!
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
We are one!
Shippit promotes and supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company. It is our belief that creating a work environment that enables us to attract, retain, and fully engage diverse talent leads to enhanced innovation and creativity in our products and services. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to apply and please reach out if you require any accommodations or assistance along the way.
In a forever changing automated world, we’re still human at Shippit and we love to chat, so if you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Cox on 0451 652451.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.