Note: This role strictly requires Australian working rights.
Relectrify is a high-growth venture that builds cutting-edge technology to reduce the cost and unlock extra lifetime in lithium-ion batteries. By combining innovative electronics with intelligent algorithms and data analytics, our technology creates more affordable and longer-lasting energy storage systems for households, the power grid and beyond.
Relectrify was founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne. The company has since launched projects with Nissan and American Electric Power amongst others, and received support by leading clean energy investors including the CEFC Innovation Fund. The Environment Bureau Hong Kong, Falling Walls Germany and international utility program Free Electrons have all recognised Relectrify as a leading innovator in energy storage.
About the Team
Relectrify consists of a world-class team, who thrive on working together and solving seriously hard problems with a view to make a positive impact. Team members are given high autonomy with the ability to access support as necessary. As a venture-funded company, our focus is to rapidly enter markets where we can make a real difference.
In short, we are a group of motivated individuals rapidly deploying cutting-edge technology to make a positive impact. We also like discussing future trends, enjoying good coffee, board game evenings, and a healthy stream of positive humour.
About the Technology
Relectrify’s advanced battery management system (BMS) and inverter comprises of three parts: hardware electronics controlling power flows inside battery packs; embedded software algorithms that inform how the hardware electronics operate; and data analytics to allows customers to monitor their batteries and allow continuous improvement of Relectrify’s algorithms. Together Relectrify uses these to notably increase battery performance and lifetime.
Capable, affordable battery storage unlocks value for customers from farms to solar houses, power grids, and beyond. Relectrify therefore actively forms strategic collaborations with innovative, sector-leading storage companies across the world to jointly develop and release uniquely positioned storage products
We are looking to bring into the Relectrify team a highly capable and self-motivated individual to manage our office and support our expanding team. You will have an enthusiastic and "can-do" attitude and enjoy taking on a diverse range of responsibilities. Any team member with the right skills and attitude will have significant opportunity to define their career trajectory.
You will work directly with our CEO and Senior Finance & Operations Manager on tasks including:
- Management of our office space including repairs & maintenance, major and minor fit out projects and handling office suppliers (essentially all aspects required to ensure our office is a happy, healthy and productive place to work)
- Coordinating requests for information from internal and external stakeholders, including research, document drafting and general administration
- Organising company events, international travel and social/team building activities
- Financial management support, including monthly reconciliation and accounts payable
- Participation in process improvement initiatives (e.g. more efficient tracking of key dates and company reporting thresholds)
- Growth opportunity: Support other key aspects of Relectrify’s operations (e.g. Marketing / IT)
- 1+ years of professional experience (FT or PT) in an organisational function
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong English language and writing skills
- Willingness to take on any work that arises, whether menial or exciting
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and see tasks through to conclusion
- Self-motivation to search for, develop, and action business process improvement opportunities
- Australian full-time working rights (min. 12 months)
Nice-to-Haves - but willing to waive for promising candidates
- 3+ years of professional experience in an executive assistant or other organisational function
- Interest and/or experience in financial management and bookkeeping
- Interest and/or experience in social media, graphic design and/or marketing
- Interest and/or experience in renewable energy and energy storage
- interest and/or experience in startups and high-growth companies