Our technology is redefining the property industry, allowing property developers, home builders and architects to save time and money, whilst creating vibrant well designed spaces. Property and architecture have remained complex for decades and we strive to solve these problems on a global scale through rapid innovation and world-first technology.
Archistar is a fast-growth tech start-up, backed by Airtree Venture Capital. We nearly tripled our team in 2020, and intend to double it again in 2021. We have big plans for the next 12 months and need you to help us achieve them.
Our Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Archistars product(s) are of the highest quality so that they are able to delight our customers. From the beginning of the development lifecycle, our QA engineer will review specifications and designs giving appropriate feedback, and creating appropriate automated test plans and test cases. Product reliability, performance and delivering on customer expectation, will be at the heart of our QA function.
What you’ll do
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites and test cases for our Single-page applications (SPA) and backend APIs/Services.
- Develop, maintain, and execute E2E tests for SPA web UIs using tools like Cypress, Puppeteer, Visual Regression tools (Applitools, Chromatic, Percy), Playwright, Selenium, Karate..etc. ( Good to have experience with GIS Mapping software).
- Develop, maintain, and execute functional and contract tests for our backend APIs and Service using tools like Postman, SoapUI Pro, etc.
- Prioritize the testing activity using a risk-based approach, ensure test development tasks are well estimated and synchronized with feature development.
- Provide sign-off deployments and releases and be the ultimate gatekeeper of quality.
- Breakdown testing requirements into stories, tasks, and sub-tasks and add detailed specifications and estimates.
- Identify , report and track software defects and inconsistencies through Software development release cycles.
- Apply our engineering practices - branching, pull requests, code reviews, coding standards, CI/CD, 12-factor app, etc.
- Develop a robust understanding of our products, services, and business processes.
- Collaborate effectively with your squad(s), helping them achieve their product goals.
- Work closely with technical/non-technical peers.
- You’re an experienced Automation Engineer or Software Engineer in Test with strong ability to identify defects early in the software development lifecycle.
- You have a strong understanding of QA Process- Sanity, Regression, Functional & performance testing. Able to implement & practice TDD/BDD approach.
- You have a background in software engineering, strong experience with data structures and design patterns. You practice DRY, SOLID, SRP, KISS.
- You live and breathe tools of the trade: Jira, Confluence, Postman, Cypress, Puppeteer, Swagger, Test Management tools.. etc.
- You know how to write maintainable test suites and test cases using patterns like Page Objects, Screenplay, Ports, and Adapters, etc.
- You come from a cloud-native DevOps environment. Any familiarity with AWS cloud services, Gitlab CI, Docker, and Kubernetes will be advantageous.
- A strong understanding of REST APIs patterns, JSON Web Tokens, and Authentication and authorization best practices desirable.
- You are familiar with both relational databases (MySQL or Postgres) and you have an appetite for the non-relational (NoSQL) technologies.
- You are a team player with great communication skills who thrive working with people with a diverse background. You follow the agile best-practices.
- You demonstrate self-initiative (for instance reporting the bugs, fixing Test Automation framework issues, cleaning the smelly code), pragmatism, and a sense of urgency - get things done.
Every Archistar employee gets equity! On top of that you’ll enjoy:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- A fast paced environment, where innovation is valued
- Supportive management
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home (even when we aren't in lockdown)
- Career Growth
- Professional Development budget for every employee
- Study leave
- Volunteer days
- Social events and an energetic environment
- Weekly catered lunch