The world needs smart food solutions that are friendly to the palate and the planet, but right now, plant-based and alternative protein products just don’t stack up to the real thing.
And that’s where Nourish comes in.
Our animal-free fats and oils make alternative proteins taste delicious. With our science, we can tailor flavour profiles that precisely reproduce the taste and mouthfeel of beef, chicken, fish, milk, cheese and beyond. Products made with our fats are more than an alternative, they’re a straight up improvement. Backed by Horizons Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, Nourish Ingredients are a key player in the future of a smarter, more sustainable, and more diverse food system.
Are you a passionate and experienced marketer with a broad skill set and demonstrable success in building and marketing world class brands?
We’re on the hunt for a Marketing Manager (mid to senior level) to help us to achieve our big, audacious goals to transform the plant-based and alternative protein sector.
This person will work with the Head of Marketing, your marketing colleagues, and the external agencies and talent who support us to:
- Develop high-impact brand and product marketing plans informed by our company objectives and brand strategy, as well as a marketing roadmap across channels and touchpoints.
- Execute marketing plans, activities including (but not limited to) social, digital, PR, events, and email marketing that targets B2B (customer/investor) as well as consumer key audiences. As well as employer branding campaigns and initiatives.
- Create high-impact content. While we are looking to bring a content marketing specialist in-house, you will be involved in content creation (including long-form articles, videos, newsletters) as well as setting in place the tools and processes for marketing automation.
- Define and track marketing and campaign KPI’s, engaging cross-functional teams to ensure goals are met.
- Manage the day-to-day agency interactions with our agencies and external creative talent. Includes our NY-based PR agency as well as the brand identity evolution process with our brand agency, from briefing through to final asset creation.
- Manage Nourish’s brand on social platforms (with support from marketing team members), and as well as at industry, trade, consumer events.
- Organise team & product shoots and create memorable, “wow-factor” experiences for customers and investors.
- Monitor and curate marketing and industry best-practice, as well as competitor and industry-related business and marketing activity.
- Supervise the activities of our Marketing Coordinator, day-to-day budget management, and any other duties as assigned.
- Brand or agency side marketing, including experience in both brand and product marketing.
- Experience in FMCG/CPG (food & beverage is of particular relevance).
- Experience with the brand identity process as well as multi-channel marketing, including digital channels.
- A strong understanding of SEO, marketing automation, analytical skills and the ability to assess and optimise marketing activity to ensure ROI.
- The ability to effectively lead, inspire, and mentor junior team members.
It would be great, but not essential, if you also had:
- Global brand and marketing experience, including experience working with/in the USA, Asia, European markets.
- A Bachelor Degree in a business or marketing-related discipline.
- Opportunity to be part of something big as we set out to change the way the planet looks at sustainable, plant-based alternatives
- A supportive and collaborative environment
- Blue sky opportunities as a marketer. We want you to bring your ideas and creativity to the table, working with a world-class team, that includes creative agencies from around the world, to make your ideas happen.
- Loads of room for growth and career development – with the opportunity to further shape your role as our company grows.
- Work alongside some of the world’s leading science, food technology, fermentation and synthetic biology organisations and innovators
- Flexible work around your personal circumstances.
- (While this role is currently remote) we can also offer relocation budget for interstate individuals who prefer to be based out of our Canberra facility, and overseas individuals seeking to move to Australia.
- The potential to participate in the Nourish Employee Share Option Plan.
**Maybe this role is not for you if:
- You need a lot of direction or a roadmap to start a project.
- Prefer to have a role with specific focus – working in a fast-paced start-up you may need to wear many hats and get your hands dirty with tasks and projects outside of the traditional scope of this role.
- You don’t like to roll-your sleeve ups and get it done. While we are rapidly growing, we are currently a small and nimble marketing team that is execution focused.
Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV along with a brief cover letter telling us about why you’re the person for the job and why you want to work for Nourish Ingredients.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of solving real world problems and help spur the next era of alternative protein food production. Find out more about Nourish Ingredients here: https://www.nourishing.io