Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by investors including Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
About the Opportunity
The Account/Project Manager reports to the Project Delivery Manager and is an internal co-ordination and indirect leadership role. This role works closely with insight consultants and customer success on large and complex projects and may act as a secondary point of contact for pharmaceutical and health clients. Working in a fast-moving and very busy team, this hands-on role is responsible for ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of several key projects and will take ownership of coordinating the necessary mechanisms between internal and stakeholders to account as well as internal financial reporting with the guidance of the Project Delivery Manager.
Ownership of several projects will include the following specific responsibilities:
- Using your clinical background, health industry awareness and stakeholder management skills, develop detailed project deliverables for new project proposals with the insights team and customer success representative. Then liaise with the Head of Analytics for project scoping approval and Project Delivery Manager for timeline and capacity approval.
- Maintain timely follow-ups and relationships with customer success representatives to obtain current developments on outstanding proposals and ongoing projects. Then share this information with the Services Leadership team as input for long-term capacity planning and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Trigger the creation of project teams under the guidance of the Project Delivery Manager and relevant project management tools (timesheet setup, project schedules, project boards, risks and issues log) upon successful closure of an opportunity.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth coordination between insights team and customer success representative by arranging and coordinating discussions (as required) to facilitate delivery of project deliverables.
- Responsible for managing daily project expenditures including timesheet consumption for several in-parallel projects. This will include weekly monitoring and tracking of timesheet consumption against budgeted hours, providing monthly actual and forecast of project progress as well as working with relevant stakeholders to re-align timesheet consumption (as and when required).
- At the start of a project, you will be responsible for proposing and agreeing key project milestones with the customer success team, client and insights team. After which, you will track the progress of the project team against the agreed milestones and work with the project team as required to re-align where necessary. If further assistance is required, then you will be responsible for escalating the misalignment to the Project Delivery Manager.
- Responsible for identifying, managing and keeping current records of project risks and issues. This will also include escalating risks and issues as required as well as working with project team members to mitigate risks and issues. Depending on the size of the project, you may be required to provide input on project risks and issues to the Project Review Board.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating any project quality risks and issues with the Head of Analytics or Lead Pharmaco-epidemiologist.
- Participate in discussions with customers and will be responsible for Identifying changes in scope and manage change control process as necessary with the Head of Analytics, Lead Pharmaco-epidemiologist and Project Delivery Manager.
- Post project completion, you will be responsible for organising and leading project retrospective reviews to identify lessons learned and implement best practices.
- Using your extensive health industry background and stakeholder management skills, you will support the insights teams who may have different levels of experience and stakeholder management capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Established professional with >5 years of experience working directly with health industry stakeholders. This will include pharmaceutical clients, academic or research institutions and public health representatives (state governments, Commonwealth, local hospital districts, and public health networks).
- A clinical qualification is a must and preferably experience with EMR systems and data (clinical terminology or classification systems, user data entry behaviour and data structure.
- Experience in academic research is highly advantageous and qualitative or qualitative research will be relevant for this position.
- Proven confidence and experience in influencing and managing internal and external stakeholders of all levels and varied backgrounds and personalities.
- A track record in working with multiple people on multiple parallel projects to deliver quality, on-time, analytics-led outputs in a commercial environment. This may include classic Waterfall or agile projects.
- Keen interest to learn and refine and elevate their project management skills, with a goal to move towards a Senior Project Manager role in the future.
- Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate complex technical insights in simple language.
- Well-developed written communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Strong capability in problem-solving, the ability to deconstruct a complex business issue or challenge into discrete issues that can be tackled individually.
- Flexible and remote working options - Based in Sydney, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around Australia
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data driven insights and RWE
- Great team culture - Supportive, fun and food loving and creative
- Lots to learn - Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up-to-date resume.
Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects around Australia. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.