Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you think you’ll do some great things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
What you will solve
Our Employee Experience team connects everyone across the business, championing our culture, bringing together new initiatives and supporting our people in their career journey.
This key role partners closely with our People Leaders and teams to build and continuously improve our evolving people programmes. With a focus on building inclusive, high performing and engaged teams, you’ll be supporting and coaching our People Leaders to lead on action plans.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
* Design, build and continuously improve our people programmes such as employee engagement and development using people data and insights, through the lens of Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Belonging (DIEB)
* Build and maintain people reporting to draw out and share insights with various stakeholders
* Lead employee listening activities such as conducting exit and stay interviews, regular employee engagement surveys, and other feedback instruments
* Provide coaching on matters such as leadership development, workforce planning, policy and procedure, and career development.
* Partner with the Employee Experience Coordinator in onboarding, offboarding, and other employee movement and lifecycle activities
* Ensure that any employee relations issues are identified and resolved fairly
* Reduce risk by keeping updated on and advising on regulatory, HR, National Employment Standards, and Award requirements
What you will bring
Backed by a genuine interest in Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging (DIEB), you place employee experience at the heart of all that you do. You have the ability to build genuine relationships with leaders and people in order to understand and deliver impactful insights to continually improve our people programmes.
By leveraging your strong analytical skills, you will be a trusted advisor and partner to our People Leaders, making decisions backed by data. With a growth mindset, you love to learn from your mistakes, colleagues and dig down to investigate all situations.
Some other key skills include:
* Attuned listening, genuine care, empathy and an understanding of different employees at different stages of the employee lifecycle
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to break down complex concepts and adapt communication styles between groups
* Active involvement with a HR/People & Culture community, staying up to date with relevant Awards, Fair Work, National Employment Standards, and relevant state Industrial Relations Acts
* Sound knowledge of Australian Superannuation, taxation, and general payroll processes
* Excellent data hygiene and Excel/Google Sheets skills, with the ability to interrogate data to draw insights, and produce reporting for various levels of the business
* Confidentiality, discretion and sound judgement when handling and maintaining sensitive information, and sensitive or situations
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
* Flexible and hybrid working
* $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
* Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
* Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your mum)
* Employee share incentive programmes
* Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
* Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
* Table tennis and regular tournaments
* Arcade machine & massage pod
* Regular social events and awesome team offsites
* It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.