What’s it like working at Afterpay?
Welcome to the rocketship! We’re a rapidly growing team with one vision: to become the world’s most loved way to pay. Our Australian-made buy now pay later service has revolutionised the retail sector by allowing our customers to receive their purchases and then pay them off in instalments, all without having to pay upfront fees and interest.
We're on a mission to shape an economy in which everyone wins 🚀
About the role
We have an opportunity for a very lucky Engineering Manager to build a top squad in Sydney for our Consumer team. With our continued global growth we're looking to expand our presence in Sydney and this role gives the perfect candidate the opportunity to drive this. This role is also wholly technical, working on some of the major technical changes across how our users work on our platform, shaping the future of how people use Afterpay. This is an amazing opportunity for an Engineering Manager to work in an established team in Melbourne and shape their own talented team in Sydney.
What you’ll be doing
· Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
· Work closely with the technical talent team to secure Engineering talent for the Sydney Consumer squad.
· Participate in the technical development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
· Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
· Undergo performance reviews and daily people management across the team
· Proactively manage issues early to avoid bigger problems later
· Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
· Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
(There are way more responsibilities than we can reasonably contain on this advert, apply for the role and speak with our team for more information).
· Experienced leading technical teams in fast paced and complex environments
· Passionate about coaching and people development
· An outcome focused and collaborative approach
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
· Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
Sign me up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’