As an Engineering Lead, working closely with the Finder Product Managers and Engineering leadership teams, you are the people-leader responsible for your squad’s execution and delivery of new technology, components, capabilities, and products. You will be accountable for the working health, wellbeing, and happiness of the colleagues on your team, which is one of the core technology teams in Finder.
Your success will not be based solely on your output, but will include the performance of those around you. You are a collaborative teammate with a positive outlook and strong communication skills.
The expectations for success in this role are very high but this will also come with great rewards, experience, coaching, mentoring and internal support to achieve success. You will be supported and mentored in this responsibility by experienced company leaders and coaches.
- Hands-on development in Node.JS, MongoDB, MySQL, GraphQL, React, React Native, and PHP.
- Embody, demonstrate and reinforce our company values while embodying Finder’s engineering principles and execution.
- Quality and timely delivery of squad’s results-focused output along with coordination with other teams.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to see and create an efficient solution
- People leadership, coaching, mentoring, growth (and if necessary) performance management of people in the team so that they can develop
- Position/Job/Role Description clarification, candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring
- Working with Engineering Leaders to drive strategic goals to improve technical direction.
- Ability to manage risk, escalate where appropriate, and to deliver options and improvements to other people leaders at finder.
Desired Experience and Skills:
We realise that everybody’s experience is unique and we value potential and attitude over experience and so not all of these are necessarily required:
- Software and Systems Architecture and solution design.
- Agile, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Demonstrable leadership, people development, and goal setting with a cross-disciplinary delivery team including Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers
- Experience working in a fast-paced, energized environment, being comfortable with a bit of ambiguity, and maintaining a curious attitude.
- Able to grow a team that works across the stack to deliver an outcome– including working with Node.JS, MongoDB, MySQL, GraphQL, React, React Native, and PHP.
- Excellence in architectural design; including SOA, Microservice architectures, messaging, and event processing.
- Great communication, and a genuine desire to help the team work better together with a healthy dose of fun.
Nice to have:
- Demonstrable security, regulation, compliance and auditing expertise.
- Crypto-currency passion and/or experience
- High performance, low latency computing on massive use, global scale platforms
- Some experience with teams, team members and stakeholders working in different timezones (though it is not expected to be a core requirement of this role). .
- Financial Regulation in Australia, the USA and/or Europe (e.g. SOC-2, PCI or ISO27001)
- Thought leadership on social media and in the community
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.