Hi. We’re hipages, Australia’s largest online tradie marketplace.
What we do:
The hipages product is available as a website and mobile phone application. Our technology is designed for Australian homeowners and tradies, ultimately making it easier for them to connect, communicate and get a home improvement job done well. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds!
The Problem we’re solving:
hipages’ mission is to use innovative technologies and superior customer service to transform the tradie-consumer experience from the current feat of mutual endurance to one of effortless efficiency.
Where we are going and Why:
Our Vision to be THE place to go for home improvement, replacing traditional ways of connecting tradies with consumers such as word-of-mouth and print advertising to our online platform. Our purpose of Creating Happier homes through Effortless Home Improvement drives our curious, creative and energised team to achieve this.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager (PM) to lead the charge in taking the “secret sauce” of hipages to the next level. Inside this “Secret sauce” is what makes hipages work as a marketplace and what sets us apart from our competitors. This role is unique and strategic in helping hipages grow. As the PM, you will be working closely with business and technical stakeholders to develop a strategy and roadmap that will create capabilities to help hipages maximise the marketplace growth and efficiency.
Over time, you will gain a deep insight into hipages as a business and will use your expertise to advise on product capabilities and future direction of our “secret sauce”.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop a deep understanding of tradies and consumers users, their likes and dislikes and top pain points and opportunities
- Develop an effective product strategy and roadmap to realise optimisation opportunities utilising our “secret sauce”
- Lead a cross functional team in testing, delivering and monitoring these initiatives to achieve optimisation and/or efficiency targets
- Own key metrics for internal product and develop effective product strategies to support meeting these
- Work with engineers and experts to discover, test and ship continuously through an approach based on experimentation and lean product philosophy
- Ensuring that requirements are understood by the team through story kick offs and constant communication.
- Communicating any requirement dependencies, issues or risks identified through the analysis process.
- Contributing to the team’s understanding and prioritisation during iteration planning meetings.
- A solid understanding of the technology behind online products, especially marketplace products and being comfortable leading a group of engineers in product initiatives
- A data-driven approach to product management and being comfortable leading data scientists to analyse large data sets and extract trends and insights
- Understanding of online marketing and experience optimising online acquisition channels will be highly regarded
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies preferred
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics, and ideally with Looker, Tableau
- Ability to translate end-user requirements into technical requirements for Engineers.
- Minimum 3 years Product Management or similar online experience
- Experience delivering complex Product initiatives in an online two sided marketplace
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and mentorship of other Product Managers to understand and document functional requirements.
- Ability to develop coherent Product strategies and manage the execution of several Product streams concurrently
- Understanding of online marketing and experience optimising online acquisition channels
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks ;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work;
- Five-star bicycle parking and changing rooms (with showers) - we’re in the Hilton building with access to many facilities;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!